Blockchain is an emerging technology platform for developing applications which are decentralized along with the data storage capacity. The role assists the technology underlying the cryptocurrencies and its likes.
Here are a few features which will help to learn about blockchain technology:
- The platform allows creating a distributed and replicated ledger of events, transactions and data generated through various IT processes.
- The technology allows cryptographic guarantees of tamper resistance, immutability and verifiability.
- The blockchain platforms guarantee that these properties are implemented with overwhelming probabilities even with untrusted users as participants of distributed applications.
- The primary role of Blockchain has been the implementation of Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum.
- Along with cryptocurrencies, it supports areas such as time stamping, logging of critical events in a system, recording of transactions and e-governance, etc.
- The technology is opening up other realms, with corporations like IBM and Microsoft developing applications in more up-and-coming fields such as the Internet of Things (IoT). This also involves enabling blockchain platforms on the cloud.
Benefits of pursuing B.Tech blockchain
Here is an outline of benefits which can be gained after pursuing B.Tech blockchain:
- The programme such as blockchain technology offers flexibility to the candidates in making their career choices in either of the new areas or in a combination of these technological studies.
- The unique learning path that the programme teaches is not just limited to the technical skills, but it also teaches non-technical skills that are in lieu with the changing industry patterns and trends and which cater to the Industry Readiness Quotient.
- The course curriculum includes opportunities for Value-Added Programmes that is in sync with learning through the academic curriculum.
- Careers in blockchain technology can be pursued with the knowledge of:
- deployment model
- design strategies
- fundamental concepts
- infrastructure requirements and services
- technical architecture
- tools and techniques required for cloud application development
- The programme covers coursework through application-oriented and student-centric learning.
- The curriculum is nuanced and well structured and covers projects, knowledge exchange forums and sessions by professionals. This makes it a hands-on job experience while pursuing the course work academically.
Career Options/ Job Opportunities after B.Tech blockchain
AngularJS developer in blockchain management
- Application architect of blockchain
- Application consultant in blockchain
- Blockchain developer covering both ethereum or solidity
- Code developers
Nature and role pertaining to blockchain jobs often require:
- Designing and implementing the high-security technology for services, libraries and algorithms.
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code for programmes.
Options for Studying Further after B.Tech blockchain
B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Blockchain equips the candidate to be well-versed in the field of computer science and technology. After blockchain, the candidate is equipped to understand new-age technologies that are relevant worldwide. When it comes to the field of distributed computing, blockchain technologies and most significantly in cryptocurrencies, there are many options for the students to take up jobs in the field.
Not only technical jobs but blockchain-based applications are helpful in springing other fields and sectors such as:
- asset titles
- financial service
- IoT (Internet-of-Things)
- supply chain
When it comes to designations and possible roles, here is a list of career opportunities after pursuing B.Tech degree programme in the field of blockchain:
- Bitcoin full-stack developer
- Blockchain business analyst
- Blockchain consultant
- Blockchain developer
- Blockchain solution architect
- Cloud engineer with bitcoin protocol/blockchain
- Cryptocurrency analyst
- Cryptocurrency developer
- Cryptocurrency mining engineer
- Financial analyst
- Research analyst: blockchain
Fields like blockchain are not only up-and-coming but also have a promising bright future. The candidates are equipped to handle and mould the technology for the changing trends of science and technology. This makes the course a very lucrative field for students of engineering.