The current Covid -19 situation has led the entire world to a standstill leading to various industries and organizations facing times of uncertainty and fear of the unknown. The education sector has been facing particularly difficult times due to the COVID-19 pandemic with 1.53 billion students out of school and colleges, impacting 87.6% of the world’s total enrolled students.
The countrywide lockdown has expedited the adoption of digital technology across various sectors. Business houses, educational institutes, analytics, computer, data management methods and online education solutions have been formulated together to enhance the quality and delivery of services. This is an ideal time and a chance to be more dynamic and productive while cultivating new and enhanced professional skills/knowledge through online learning and evaluation.
Initiatives Taken By Sharda
Keeping the current unprecedented situation in mind, Sharda University has shifted its entire admission process online for the admission season of 2020 – 21. Students can now apply for 216 plus UG/ PG programmes offered by the University on the university website and start their admission process.
Students applying for the below mentioned UG/PG Programmes will have to appear for Sharda University Admission Test 2020 (SUAT 2020)
- Engineering: B.Tech (All Streams), B.Tech+M.Tech (Integrated), B.Tech+MBA (Integrated)
- Computer Applications: BCA, MCA, BCA+MCA (Integrated)
- Management: MBA (All Streams), MBA – Dual Specialization, BBA, BBA+MBA (Integrated), B.Com Hons. M.Com
- Law: BA LLB, BBA LLB
- Journalism & Mass Communication: BJMC, MJMC
- B.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc Yoga, B.Ed
- Basic Science: B.Sc Hons., M.Sc
- Allied Health Sciences, Nursing Science
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Students can undertake remotely proctored home-based Sharda University Admission Test 2020 (SUAT 2020) on any working day by booking a slot on the University Website. The remote proctoring tool allows students to conveniently and easily take the SUAT exam while being monitored online using a webcam and the respondents’ computer screen.
The admission procedure is as follows
- Visit the official website of Sharda University – www.sharda.ac.in
- Read details about the exam and application process
- Click on ‘Apply for SUAT’ link
- Choose course & fill personal information in SUAT Application Form
- Pay test fee of INR 1200/-
- Book slot for home-based SUAT 2020
What is SUAT?
In the present era of Globalisation, Sharda University, the provider of world-class education since 1996 offers SUAT (Sharda University Admission Test) to be a single platform Admission Test for its various programmes. Sharda is India’s first Pvt. University to come up with such a comprehensive test at par with leading Universities & National/State Level Entrance tests.
SUAT has a different set of test layout for various disciplines like B.Tech, BCA, MCA, B.Tech + M.Tech integrated, B.Tech + MBA integrated, BBA, B.Com, BBA + MBA integrated, MBA, Integrated Law, Journalism & Mass Communication & Design, BA (Hons) & B.Sc in all disciplines.
Features of SUAT
The SUAT is an exhaustive and unique online test conducted by Sharda University, and there are separate question papers set for each discipline.
- SUAT is an aptitude test of 90 minutes
- SUAT is conducted in two categories – technical and non-technical
- The technical category includes: BTech-Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Bio & Languages
- Rest of the students in the non-technical category are tested upon problem-solving, analytical skills, and language proficiency
Note: Applicants who are rank holders in national/ state level tests mentioned below will be exempted from SUAT.
- Engineering: JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, UPSEE
- Management: CAT, MAT, XAT
- Law: CLAT, LSAT
- Architecture: NATA
- Medical/Dental: NEET
Who Can Apply?
Any individual who has passed or is appearing for class 12th exam from any of the recognized boards in India can apply for SUAT. For PG courses, an applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age according to the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
The nationwide lockdown has indeed made it difficult, especially for those students who have been looking forward to applying for their higher education.
For more information: www.sharda.ac.in