There is no denying the fact that Google strongly believes in innovation and brings forth something unique and constructive for its users every now and then. High user experience is the prime objective of Google while adding any new product to its arsenal. Google Lens is one more gift from Google to its users that is created to fetch the relevant information about anything through visual analysis. It was announced during the Google I/O 2017 in San Francisco, California.
Who can forget that flawless speech by Google CEO, Sundar Pichai wherein it was publically announced! Google Lens was officially rolled out on October 4, but the pre-installed app previews can be enjoyed on Google Pixel 2 only. Google Photos for Pixel phones are also integrated with a preview of the lens. Other Android-based device users have to wait to explore the adorable features of Google Lens. Let’s take a quick tour of the striking features of this revolutionary app:
- Lets the users connect to a Wi-Fi source by pointing the camera at a Wi-Fi label, provided it contains the network name & password
- Enables the users to find the relevant information about any object just by hovering the camera over that particular object
- Lens can also be integrated into Google Photos and Google Assistant apps to enjoy the all the functionalities of this app
- Follows the much more advanced learning routines, rather than Bixby Vision and Image Analysis Toolset
- Uses artificial neural network to detect and recognize the objects or landmarks with more prudence and to improve OCR precision
Google Lens can be referred as an advanced version of Google Goggle with much-enhanced capabilities and accuracy. AI (Artificial Intelligence) has become the new black in the digital world and Google Lens is one ideal example of AI-based applications. Wait for few more days to enjoy Lens if you are not a Google Pixel 2 user.