The wave of automation has taken every industry by storm. And, a lot of this can be attributed to the artificial intelligence (AI) technology, which is the replication of human intelligence processes (like learning, reasoning and self-correction) by machines, especially computer systems. Notably, machine learning, an application of AI, enables a system to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Undoubtedly, the scope of artificial intelligence is growing wider and wider with each passing day. More and more business applications involving AI are being developed. Not just this, a wider scope of machine learning is making a fertile territory for new jobs and opportunities for growth. And, this has led to its increasing popularity amongst candidates who want to pursue a career in artificial intelligence.
To guide them, here is a list of opportunities of a career in Artificial Intelligence available after pursuing AI and machine learning programmes:
- Algorithm specialists – An algorithm specialist is a computer scientist who generates and designs algorithms for academic, professional and real-world applications, using AI and machine learning technologies.
- Computer engineers and consultants – AI and Machine learning sector are extremely lucrative for computer engineers, who sometimes work as freelance consultants.
- Military and aviation electricians – Considering the defense industry, military and aviation electricians working with flight simulators, drones and armaments make use of the AI and machine learning technology.
- Graphic art designers, digital musicians and entertainment producers – AI and machine learning also cater to the entertainment industry. It has eased the job of graphic art designers, digital musicians and entertainment producers. These days, music and creative designs are developed for various entertainment platforms with the help of technology.
- Maintenance technicians – In order to help a technology sustain, many industries have started to hire maintenance experts who have a complete know-how of the AI and machine learning technologies.
- Medical equipment manufacturers – Companies manufacturing medical equipment use AI in the development of artificial limbs, prosthetics, hearing aids, and vision restoration devices.
- Research scientists – Though considered to be an academic career option, AI and machine learning are paving way for newer and innovative research output. Hence, there is a high demand for research scientists in the sector.
- Software analysts – Engineers with a background in AI and machine learning also tend to become software analysts, who are responsible for testing the quality and performance of the software.
- Software developers – An AI software engineer is responsible to build and maintain software platforms.
- Surgical technicians – A surgical technician with the help of robotic tools based on AI and machine learning technologies help in building and assisting new platforms.
Some of the popular artificial intelligence jobs are offered by reputable employers such as Amazon AI services, IBM Watson Assistant, Microsoft Cognitive Services and Google AI services. Opportunities for a career in Artificial Intelligence are expected to witness a boom in the coming years and experts suggest a new technological revolution with the same.This inevitably increases machine learning and AI jobs in the industry. Notably, the growth of Machine learning is also systematically pushing other fields of technology.
AI and machine learning are heading towards creating a world in which a machine responds and imitates human experiences. The list includes self-driving vehicles, digital assistants, robotic factory staff, and smart cities. In the coming years, AI and machine learning hold the power to influence business outcomes thereby affecting careers inartificial intelligence and its related branches.Making a career in AI will be a good choice as both artificial intelligence and machine learning are transforming many industries like retail, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, and media technology.