As the world is turning towards more and more automation and digitization, New Technologies like AI, ML & data science are gradually replacing the old ones while creating a pool of endless job opportunities in the market.
According to the World Economic Forum, the rapid growth of Artificial Intelligence will create another 95 million high-paying jobs by 2025. Undoubtedly, this is the right time to pursue a career in AI.
So, don’t let your hesitancy overcome your dreams! Scroll down and read the following article, make yourself aware of the current market dynamics and explore why you should opt for B. Tech in AI.
Many say that AI is a future technology. But in reality, AI is here with us. It is
slowly, and gradually integrating itself into our daily lifestyle.
It’s there in Google Assistant and Siri; in your website’s chatbots and Virtual gaming applications, in the e-commerce websites and search engines like Google and Bing, in the motion tracking games, Google Translate and spam blockers and so on.
From military drones to self-driving cars, and even in most banking applications, investment gateways and hospitals’ health care management system, almost every sector of our modern industrial economy use AI-based technologies and reap its benefits in one way or another.
AI is truly the most lucrative career option ahead. It comes up with a sprawling array of new job opportunities and sky-rocketing salary packages that you would probably not receive in any other field, except machine learning, data science and cloud computing.
Artificial Intelligence-Where Does It Stand Today?
What do you fantasize about when you hear the word: Artificial intelligence or AI? Yes, you correctly heard me. Here, I have used ‘ fantasize’ instead of ‘think’ and that is because 90 percent of what you know about AI is nothing but fantasised drama or just a set of preconceived imagination or more precisely, years of accumulated memories you have gathered from watching big-budget fantasy films like Terminator, Transformer, and Iron man and so on. But these are just a set of lucid imaginations or at max, a few glimpses of the partial realities of a distant future that you may not even experience in this lifetime.
In reality, Technologies based on AI and machine learning have already begun to drive the wheel of the fourth industrial revolution while playing a significant role in our day-to-day activities.
Apart from creating high-resolution CGI graphics, AI also has a wide-ranging real-time application. After all, how can you even forget about the AI-powered android devices you are carrying in your pocket? How can you even ignore the AI-run payment gateways or chatbots that you use to transfer your money or to put your queries on a particular website or app to avail of some services? How can you even forget about Google Assistance or Alexa, the AI Bots that answer your queries while preparing an assignment or help you find the right direction on a map when you are lost?
Today, AI is contributing to different economic domains. It includes the pharmaceutical industry, computation, defence, satellite communication, e-commerce & marketing, banking & finance, health care, Tourism, education, Agriculture and many more. AI, Machine Learning, and data science are the three most important new generation technologies which, in the real world, combine with other existing engineering technologies to achieve seamless growth, higher productivity and accuracy in decision making.
Now, such a higher degree of practical applicability automatically makes AI an integral part of modern industries, giving it the leverage to spread its reach in all segments of modern economics. However, compared to other existing technologies, AI is a new field of study, most of which is still under the purview of research and development. So technically speaking, we have miles to go before the real physical androids start walking on earth.
Why should you Choose B. Tech in Artificial Intelligence as a career option after 12th Science(PCM)?
Artificial Intelligence is indeed one of the most lucrative career choices of 2022. Here is a list of practical reasons that make it an ideal choice for your higher studies.
- AI offers plenty of employment opportunities; 32% hiring growth has been observed in the past few years.
- A vast scale of talent gap would work in the favour of existing AI professionals; Since there are not many qualified candidates available in this field, those who have a B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence would inevitably enjoy enormous amounts of privilege in this context.
- AI and data science engineers are the two most high-paying job profiles in the world. You will be offered jaw-dropping salaries that you cannot even imagine in other profiles.
- It’s a rapidly evolving industry, offering tremendous amounts of professional growth in diverse directions.
- AI is a versatile technology. It comes with flexible career choices. So, once you complete your graduation in Artificial Intelligence or a degree in Data Science, you will have an abundance of career options open in front of you.
- You could be a Machine Learning Engineer, a Data Scientist, a Lead Programmer, a Software Developer, a Business Intelligence Developer, a Research Scientist, a Big Data Engineer/Architect, and an NLP Engineer or even can develop your own AI.
An Excellent Career Choice
- Artificial intelligence is undoubtedly a wonderful career choice. As per the latest industry reports and critical market observations, in India, the average earnings of AI professionals are almost double the salary of other average graduates, and that too at the beginning of their careers. The annual recruitment packages for AI professionals range from 10 to 20 lakh per annum, depending on the skills and expertise.
- After completing B. Tech in Artificial Intelligence, you can begin your career in one of the following job profiles.
- A research engineer,
- A machine learning engineer,
- A Lead programmer & designer,
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer,
- Deep Learning Engineer,
- Big Data Engineer,
- Data Scientist,
- Business Intelligence Developer,
- Research Scientist,
- AI Data Analyst.
- Several multinational companies in India are eagerly looking for data scientists and AI professionals. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Nokia, TCS, Infosys, Oracle, Wipro, Cognizant, L&T and Samsung are some of the most prominent names who are investing heavily in AI. Apart from these privatised conglomerates, you can also apply for PSUs like HAL, BHEL, or govern-run research organisations like DRDO and ISRO.
The Favourable Market Indications
- According to the latest report by Gartner, in 2022, the total business valueof AI worldwide is about to touch $3.9 trillion. This would create more jobs for students pursuing B. Tech in AI or data science.
- “The overall spending that has gone to the research and development of cognitive and artificial intelligence systems will reach $77.6 billion in the same financial years of 2021 to 2022” as per a report published by IDC Corporation USA.
- “By 2025, major online retailers (at least 2 out of the top 10 global retailers) would establish their in-house robot rescue fleet to manage non-human workers. The progress in this direction is happening quite instantaneously,” According to Gartner.
- Another Gartner research also claims that almost 77% of retailing businesses throughout the world are planning to have their AI-powered robotics management system to maintain and manage arduous warehouse operations and that too by the end of 2021.
- In addition, Gartner surveys and research also predict that 69% of future managerial workloads will be eliminated by AI-powered Virtual Personal Assistant Technologies and Chabot, at least by 2024.
AI & ML has Multifaceted Industrial Applications
No matter how cliché it sounds, AI is indeed the technology of the 21st century, possessing every quality required to make it different from all other branches of engineering. However, a mere mention of AI may drag your mind towards the technologies related to computer science. But, this is not the truth.
AI is a versatile technology, a technology that has a vast range of practically achievable applications which allows it to integrate with various market segments. From agriculture to tourism, manufacturing to various services sector industries, almost all sectors of the modern-day global economy are reaping the benefits of AI, machine learning and data analytics to extract higher productivity and make appropriate business decisions.
Today, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are advancing at an instantaneous seed. It is aggrandising its reach and influence in countless sectors including banking & finance, healthcare, data security, cybersecurity, e-commerce, online marketing, gaming, fraud detection, and many more.
Now because of this extensive reach, after completing your Graduation in Artificial Intelligence you do not have to necessarily stick with the conventional industries like IT, gaming companies or software development firms, specifically for AI and machine learning-related jobs. You will have the leverage to exploit the abundance of AI-related work opportunities coming out of other industries such as e-commerce giants, banking institutions, pharmaceutical companies, robotics and drone manufacturing firms, defence sector PSUs, or even research institutions involved in the extensive use of AI and machine learning.
Therefore, getting enrolled in a four years B. Tech in Artificial Intelligence would be a great career choice for students who have recently passed their higher secondary exams with core subjects like physics, chemistry and maths. This would keep them one step ahead of the rest of the world.
Lack of Potential Workforce
Artificial Intelligence is taking over the world by storm. Right now, its employment market is white-hot! Various industries and government organisations are already looking for fresh AI professionals who can help them to solve new engineering challenges.
But, guess what? Despite the rising demand for AI professionals and the abundance of employment opportunities in this respective domain, a large chunk of these Job-vacancies always remains empty, especially because of the scarcity of skilled professionals in the market.
However, such a huge disparity between demand and supply is creating favourable market conditions for the applying candidates. Because of higher demand and low supply, it would become a little easy for a B.Tech in AI to grab a high-paying job in the respective areas.
What’s the Current Job Outlook in AI?
- “Employment in computer science and Information technology will grow 11 % from 2019 to 2029. The growth will be driven by the rampant adoption of automation in the workplace and advanced technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing. It will add more than 5 million new jobs in the industry”, According to a conservative estimate by the US Bureau of Labour Statistics.
- The World Economic Forum gives ‘AI and Machine Learning Specialist’ the second position on its list of high-profile jobs with increasing demand.
- The worldwide market value of AI businesses is expected to reach the mark of $267 billion by 2027. This will accelerate the overall demands for AI professionals and create millions of direct and indirect Jobs in the field of critical technologies-As per the Fortune Business Insights prediction.
- “By 2030, AI-related technologies and services will single-handedly contribute $15.5 trillion to the world Economy”, according to a report of PwC Global.
- “The overall Global spending on AI and cognitive systems has already reached $57.6 billion in 2021,” According to IDC.
The Bottom Line
There can be many reasons to learn AI or ML. However, you should always consider the above-discussed factors before applying for B. Tech in Artificial intelligence after your 12th science.
B. Tech in AI is an ideal career course for tech enthusiasts. It not only offers bright career prospects but also keeps you ahead of the line.
So what are you thinking about? If you are truly interested in building a career in science and technology, B. Tech in AI would be the most suitable career course for your future.