B.Tech is a four year degree program in India, which includes internship and practical hands on training on the field too. If a student wants to build a career in Information Technology or Computer Science (CSE), then he/she must pursue a B.Tech degree in Computer Science. Usually when a student is on the verge of completing the seventh semester, then he/she starts worrying as to what to do after btech in cse? The million dollar question that comes across every student’s mind is whether to pursue higher education or to join the corporate jobs after btech cse or prepare for government exams.
Here are some good tips to bring relief to all the students who are looking for the right options after btech cse:
Higher Education path
The student can always opt for a higher education path after completing their B.Tech in Computer Science. A M.Tech in Computer Science after the completion of graduation degree is a great way to go ahead. A M.Tech in Computer Science is generally a two-year post-graduate programme offered by Sharda University.
Under this specialisation, the student will gain knowledge on topics like Software Requirement and Estimation Software, Quality Metrics and Testing Software, Architecture and Design Patterns, IOT Agile based Software Engineering, Secure Software Engineering, and Component-Based Software Engineering. After the successful completion of M.Tech, one can choose to join a company and start doing a job, or can pursue a PhD in Computer Science as well.
MBA in Finance, Marketing, IT, and HR are other good options after btech cse. The students who choose to pursue a management degree like a MBA in Finance, Marketing, IT, HR etc are exposed to very bright job opportunities. Admission to a MBA course in Sharda University are open and the eligibility criterion for all programs
- For National Students: B.Tech. in Computer Science IT Electronics & Communication Electronics & Instrumentation and Electrical & Electronics with minimum 60% marks. MCA/M.Sc. (Computer Sc.) with minimum 60% marks. GATE/NET Qualified students shall be preferred.
- For International Students: Minimum 50% in the qualifying examination with the pre-requisite subjects for admission into the desired program.
The MBA program is usually of 2 years duration and includes an internship as well. There is a 5-year course available at Sharda University which includes an integrated degree of graduation and post- graduation.
Now, let’s discuss some career options in the corporate sector for B.Tech Computer Science students/ passouts.
High Paying Job Opportunities
Completing your Bachelors in Technology(B.Tech) in Computer Science from Sharda University – one of the most well-recognised private education in Delhi NCR – open myriad rewarding job opportunities with excellence future prospects in various private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial, and manufacturing sector. Given below are some high-paying career options after btech in cse:
- Software Developer: Software developers are responsible for writing/ debugging codes that goes on to build a software application. Designing, coding, computer programming, project management, etc are some of the tasks undertaken by the software developers in their corporate life.
- Hardware Engineers: Hardware engineers are responsible for testing, installation, replacement of computer hardware being used in an organization. This also includes integrated chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards and printers.
- Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are professionals who are well versed to handle and manage designing, implementation and troubleshooting of computer networks. Usually CCNA and other certifications are required for this field.
- Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are professionals who are well versed and have experience to handle and manage designing, implementation and troubleshooting of computer networks.
If you are still uncertain about what career option you must choose after successful completion of btech in computer science, talk to our student career counsellor at Sharda University.