“Winning attitude is example of High EQ”
Our culture upholds intelligence as the primary measure of person’s worth. EQ (Emotional Quotient) is defined as
individual’s ability to identify, evaluate, control and express emotions. People with High EQ usually make great leaders and team players because of their ability to understand, empathize, and connect with people and themselves.
It is ability to control emotions of oneself, others or group. People with high EQ evaluate, control and express emotions, use emotions to facilitate thinking, understand emotional meanings. In the work place they show good team work, leadership, successful relations and initiative. They can be identified as individual with social challenges.
IQ (Intelligent quotient) is score derived from one several standardized tests designed to access mental intelligence.
People with high IQ are capable of logical reasoning; they understand and apply information to skills, word comprehension, math skills. They achieve success with challenging tasks, ability to analyze and connect the research and development. People with great mental intelligence are gifted with mental challenges and special needs.
Intelligence is a combination of EQ and IQ. Intelligence has different parameters, such as challenges, initiative, and
(sense to work in a team) ability to comprehend others people attitude, getting good score in math, decision skills by
reading comprehension, logical reasoning.
Why being brainy is not just enough? This is the question to be asked that why people with High IQ don’t succeed. It is not just technical and analytical abilities (IQ) that makes one successful.
Major components of EQ are
- Self awareness – is understanding of own moods
- Self management – think before act with new people
- Social awareness – develop rapport with new people
- Relationship management- understands other people emotions
EQ is self confidence, Interpersonal skills, social competence. Challenge in today’s world is to raise your EQ.
- By knowing ones own emotions, distinguishing between feelings and actions
- By motivating one self practice some emotional self control and delay gratification
- By recognizing emotions in others, be sensitive to other feelings and listen well
- By managing emotions by finding a balance between over sensitivity or over emotional suppression