B.Tech + MBA is an integrated programme of five-year duration specifically designed for those who are looking for an integrated MBA degree with their technical qualification. The programme focuses on crucial aspects in the field of engineering and business. By the end of the programme, the students gain both technical knowledge and managerial skills.
The programme is outlined to establish a contemporary and dynamic connection between industry skills and classroom teaching. The engineering section is covered by topics from a specific and nuanced discipline of technology.
On the other hand, the management component of the degree includes the study and scrutiny of subjects such as:
- General management
- Human resources
- International business
The graduates of this programme tend to explore various job opportunities in both the fields in technical and managerial roles. The students are well-versed in the field of management along with theoretical constructs of science and technology. When it comes to the scope of B.Tech + MBA, there are immense opportunities for the graduates.
Scope of Integrated MBA Degree with B.Tech
In a world that values technology and management studies, there is a lot of scope for the students who pursue integrated B.Tech or integrated MBA. There are many professionals who go for an MBA degree right after pursuing a B.Tech degree. The combination is an attractive offer for those who wish to be product manager, programme manager, and can go up to the level of chief technology officer.
The candidates can work in both the public and private sectors after completing their B.Tech + MBA integrated programme. The person who pursues a dual degree has the upper hand over others as he/she has expertise in both the fields.
Benefits of pursuing B.Tech + MBA
One of the major benefits of MBA along with a B.Tech programme is that it is completed in five years. The candidates who are interested in entering the management field can opt for this course. Normally, a B.Tech degree takes up to four years, after which, an MBA will take two more years.
But with an integrated programme such as B.Tech + MBA, the student will get a bachelor’s degree in engineering, and a master’s in management in just five years. This saves two years of the student and does not even compromise on the knowledge that they receive. The candidates shine in every industry because they are empowered with technical acumen along with managerial abilities.
Some of the other salient benefits of an integrated programme are
- The candidate can obtain technical knowledge as well as managerial skills with this course.
- The candidates become industry-ready by possessing skills, which are necessary for hands-on work potential in both the fields.
- An MBA degree will train engineers to work in a more organised way.
- The candidates having a dual degree will acquire the knowledge of using the management skills and technical know-how, which will make them versatile and stronger on the professional front.
- The candidates who opt for an integrated programme can get dual degrees of a B.Tech and an MBA programme after qualifying just one entrance test. However, the candidates who study B.Tech tend to appear for the entrance test again to join an MBA programme from a reputed university.
Career options after completing B.Tech + MBA
B.tech with MBA degree provides the candidates with a wide spectrum of opportunities. It is comprised of professional as well as academic profiles. Since the degree covers both the sectors of the industry, it makes the candidates more adept when it comes to seeking good job opportunities. The degree reduces a year of coursework, but on the contrary, it offers a much more established and compartmentalised coursework, which enables the candidates to bag a job as:
- Accounting manager
- Business analyst
- Business development executive
- Data processing manager
- Finance director
- Financial analyst
- IT manager/consultant
- Product manager
- Technical product manager