About the Programme
The Department of Mathematics, Sharda University offers Ph.D. program in the areas of Mathematics and Statistics.  These Ph.D. programme offers an exciting and unique opportunity to students for pursuing research. Under this programme students undergo a substantial amount of relevant course work consisting of advance topics in Algebra, Analysis, Topology, Numerical Analysis, Solid & Fluid Mechanics and Statistics, followed by research work under the supervision of an Advisor, who is decided by the Department, taking into account the aptitude, the needs and the preferences of the student.
- Nurtures creative and analytical abilities of scholars.
- Provides flexible approach for self-study and seminar courses in different areas.
- Encourages interdisciplinary research for bridging the gap between theoretical and applied areas.
- Cultivates communication skills through seminars and tutorials.
- Offers opportunity to engage in developmental research work.