About the Programme
M.Tech (ME) Thermal & Fluid Engineering is a two-year post-graduate programme that offers training in the thermal and fluid sciences along with experimental skills applied to aerospace, power plant, and gas turbines research. The programme trains students in innovative techniques like combustion diagnostics, flow visualization, particle characterization and other imaging concepts introduced in the field of thermal research.
In addition, it equips students with the knowledge of designing and developing new systems by exploring new areas and applications. The major role of professionals emerging from this field is to create competent, conceptual designs and rectify all the issues in advance that are likely to surface in the final implementation.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:Graduates will be excel in applying knowledge of production engineering to create novel products and solutions for complex problems.
- PEO2:Graduates will be able to understand and explore the behaviour of existing and new materials suitable for the design and development of products.
- PEO3: Graduates will be able to apply the knowledge of industrial engineering to recognize, comprehend, analyze and to solve complex real life problems.
- PEO4:Graduates will be able to build up the adequate communication skills, proficient personality and moral esteems to be a good human beings, responsible citizens and capable experts.
- PEO5: Graduates will be capable of applying relevant skills of research and development and other creative/ innovative efforts in their professional career.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the engineering knowledge of mechanical engineering practices such as design,manufacturing, thermal sciences, automation and industrial engineering to the solution of complex mechanical systems.
- PO2: Identify, formulate, solve and analyse the mechanical system such as machine tools, press tools andthermal systems such as IC engines, refrigeration, air-conditioning and power generating systems.
- PO3: Conceptualize and evaluate the mechanical engineering aspects and select feasible solution using modern industrial management techniques and quality assurance systems considering safety, environment, and other realistic constraints.
- PO4: Develop the skills of good researchers to work on a problem, starting from the scratch, to research in to literatures, methodologies, techniques, tools and conduct experiments and interpret data.
- PO5:   Make use of modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyse and complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO6:   Demonstrate the traits of manager in handling engineering projects, related finance and coordinate work force towards achieving desired goals.
- PO7:   Perceive the traits of professional integrity and ethics, and demonstrate the responsibility to implement the research outcome for sustainable development of the society.
- PO8:   Communicate effectively to comprehend and write effective reports following engineering standards.
- PO9:   Demonstrate the skills of presenting the work unequivocally before scientific community and exchange the scientific thoughts.
- PO10:   Recognize the need for and ability to engage in life-long learning in the broadest context to work in research laboratories and multidisciplinary environments.