About the Programme
MSc. (Agriculture) is a two year post graduate course. The programme is for students who seek a better insight into potential of plants in benefitting mankind. It also focuses on agriculture as a human activity. The programme endeavours to equip the students to carry research in the latest technologies and techniques in agriculture and thereby leading to Food Security. The programme will get students acquainted with various facets of agricultural sciences in well-equipped laboratories and research farms. The main aim of the programme is to have honest and well qualified agriculture professionals who are valued in the sector.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Achieve insightful information of Agriculture principles necessary for the applications and further improvement of agricultural technology.
- PEO2: Demonstrates inquisitive and analytical approach, innovative attitude and research capability for development and growth.
- PEO3: Possess interpersonal skills, creative professionalism, understanding of ethical responsibility and commitment towards society at national and international levels.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply knowledge of agricultural science to the solution of agriculture related issues.
- PO2: Understand and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills in crop production.
- PO3: Create, select and apply appropriate technique, resources and modern agricultural and IT tool for crop production with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO4:   Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional agricultural practice.
- PO5: Understand the impact of professional agricultural solutions in a societal and environmental context for sustainable development.
- PO6: Become determined individuals who question, practice and apply the skills they have learnt to propose effective solutions to real-world agricultural problems in a professional manner.
- PO7: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse agribusiness firms, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO8: Apply values and ethics, for teaching and research in various branches of agricultural sciences.