About the Programme
Master of Visual Arts is a two-year postgraduate programme aimed at expanding and developing individual identity and expression of the students through creative and research oriented methods.
Master’s in Applied Art expanding the traditional educational approach to visual arts by encouraging experimentation with a full array of artistic practices. The capstone of the programme highlights various activities apart from teaching. Students are encouraged and supported to adopt various interdisciplinary activities that build new creative skills and research aptitude in an integrated manner that also adds value to their degrees.
The MVA- Applied Art programme aims to equip students with an ability to design products and advertisements for various establishments. The programme also promotes the artistic expression in the students that pave their way to a successful career.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Deepen their artistic voice, demonstrating the creation of original works, a command of compositional technique and refinement of their ability to conceptualize and realize resolved works of art.
- PEO2: Investigate and integrate a range of knowledge, technique and craft.
- PEO3: Explore how new media changes the possibilities and environment for the production, reception, and dissemination of creative works.
- PEO4: Promote sound business and entrepreneurial practices in the arts.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Demonstrate a practical and theoretical understanding of contemporary art and related practices.
- PO2: Articulate studio conceptual and image making concerns orally and in writing that makes critical connections between individual works and practices and the larger contexts that inform them.
- PO3: Produce and exhibit a comprehensive body of artwork that demonstrates conceptual rigor and appropriate technical skill.
- PO4: Exhibit the intention, motivation and skills required to pursue and sustain a career as an artist, professional visualizer or art director.
- PO5: Acquire practical pedagogical and technical skills necessary for employment in a creative field.
- PO6: Illustrate familiarity with the design research literature relevant to their topic
- PO7: Create prototypes for research purposes
- PO8: Explain the different epistemological modes of knowledge production
- PO9: Formulate questions and responses clearly and precisely based on relevant information and research and to come to well reasoned conclusions and solutions. Students will develop the ability to think open-mindedly with the ability to consider alternative systems of thought that challenge received notions and social cultural bias.
- PO10: Express concepts in concrete form effectively.
- PO11: Skillfully create artistic form using techniques and methods appropriate to the intended result.
- PO12: Develop an awareness of current professional standards in their chosen media and in the larger field of contemporary art as well as the ability to effectively meet or redefine those standards. Recognizing that one aspect of being a professional artist is autonomy, Visual Arts Students will develop artistic autonomy to identify and focus on their practice, act upon their ideas and continue to learn over the length of their career.
- Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Applied Art Practices: To integrate the gained knowledge with various contemporary and evolving areas in Fine Art like Visualization, painting, Advertisement, Sculpture, Graphic(Printmaking), Photography. Provide opportunities to excel in academics, research or Industry.
- PSO2: Fine Art Practices: The detailed functional knowledge of Theoretical, Historical and experimental aspects of Fine Arts, to understand, analyze, plan and implement practical knowledge of art while developing Artistic skill & concept. Provide opportunities to excel in academics, research or Industry.