About the Programme
M. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded System) is a two-year post-graduate programme encompassing the advanced study of modern electronics and communication techniques.
This specialized programme focuses on instilling skills related to design, development, observation, and application of Digital Communication circuits & systems.
The programme curriculum includes subjects like Digital Electronics, Modern DSP, Antenna Theory and Design, Error control and coding, Advanced Embedded System, and Advanced Computer Architecture that enable the students to gain excellent technical knowledge to solve real-world problems.
In addition, this programme also gives an overall idea of basic modulation techniques, introduction to orthogonal frequency division multiplexing and an insight into the channel coding techniques specifically taking convolution coding.
The programme also enhances research and development skills of the students and helps them to incorporate significant learning through practical sessions. Candidates looking for more exposure in this field can enroll for higher studies.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- PSO1: knowing about recent trends in Advanced Communication security and able to solve a real-world problem using concepts of digital communication.
- PSO2: Ability to adapt to emerging multidisciplinary needs in the area of design, prototyping etc. to  add further value to the technological world of IC technologies.
- PSO3: knowledge and application of recent trends in embedded systems.
Program Objectives (POs) :
- PO1:    Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:  Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:  Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:    Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:  Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:  The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:  Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO8:    Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO9:    Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO10:    Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives (PEOs) :
- PSO1: To be able to critically investigate complex power system scenarios and arrive at possible solutions, by applying the acquired theoretical and practical knowledge.
- PSO2: To be able to work on well-defined projects by interpreting available power system data to provide real time solutions pertaining to power system issues.
- PSO3  :  To  be  able  to  identify  optimal  solutions  for  improvising  power  transfer  capability, enhancing power quality and reliability