About the Programme
B.Sc. YogA is a three-year undergraduate programme intended to provide education, preservation and application of the general teachings of Yoga. The programme offers a study of Yoga's theory and philosophy, as well as practical training of its methodologies. With cognitive understanding and experiential learning, students get exposure to the ancient teachings of the practice while gaining the necessary expertise and skills.
The curriculum of the programme also covers the study of scriptures, application of meditation, chanting and more among a variety of other practices to meet the purpose of the subject. For yoga professionals, there are a plethora of career options available both in the government and private sectors. Students can easily find employment in the field of research, academics, management, hospital, administrative, consultation, etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Enable students to have knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, all along with Biomechanics and their interrelationship with symptoms and yogic management of common disorders.
- PEO2: Educate students about different Yogic schools their roots and application to society.
- PEO3: Impart knowledge on the connection between mind, body and soul for the better understanding and implementation of wellbeing and global outreach.
- PEO4: Disseminate teachings and philosophy of Yoga traditions from the diverse ancient yogic texts for the global yoga market.
Program Outcomes of the B.Sc.-yoga
- PO1: Professional Competence: Prepare institutionally Educated Yoga professionals to impart science-based Yoga training to all sections of the society.
- PO2: Academic Knowledge: Provide the platform where the philosophy of yoga tradition is learnt based on classical theories of Yoga, & on various researches, which enables the learner to have correct observation of the condition and apply Yogic practices.
- PO3: Critical Analysis: Develop critical thinking skills and science-based literacy for the
- advancement in the field of research in yogic Sciences and to establish the Yoga Therapy.
- PO4: Effective Communication: Ability to communicate and understand using common medical and psychological terminology, including the skill to discuss commonly used medical therapies, diagnostics and procedures to impart the yogic practices accordingly.
- PO5: Nurture of Creative Behaviour: Students will have an understanding about origin, history and development of Yoga, which will help in correct perception and execution of different ideas.
- PO 6: Life-Long Learning: Knowledge of the significant fundamental value of ongoing personal practice, long-term mentorship, and skills maintenance.
- PO 7: Value and Ethics: Advanced knowledge of generally accepted ethical principles of health and Yogic codes of conduct.
- PO 8: Entrepreneurship: Ability to create and sustain themselves in their respective field, students will have ability to be Therapist, instructor, teacher, nutritionist, dietician, or lifestyle trainer.
Program Specific Outcomes of the B.Sc.-yoga
- PSO1: Develop Advanced knowledge of diverse Yoga Therapy tools and practices and their appropriate application, with practices that may include asana or postures, pranayama (or regulated breathing) meditation and relaxation techniques.
- PSO2: Knowledge of classical and theoretical foundations of the field of Yoga as described in yogic text i.e. Veda, bhagwadgeeta etc and its application in Modern era.
- PSO3: Ability to effectively use yoga as a therapeutic modality through the integration of diverse approaches to this field