About the Programme
Big Data has become a new norm of life with the introduction of social media, online commerce, vast data storage methods, and extremely powerful processor capabilities. Computers have only lately been able to acquire and analyze vast amounts of data from a variety of disciplines, including people, behavior, information, gadgets, sensors, biological signals, finance, cars, neurology, and so on.
Almost every industry is bracing for the Big Data challenge, and they want to mine valuable data for insight on how to tackle their problems. This course will give students with the foundational information they will need to face those difficulties.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:Computing knowledge: Understand the basic principles and methods of computer science for solving complex computing problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis and Design of solutions Analyze and formulate a problem, evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of requirements using software development concepts.
- PO3: Modern tool usage: Ability to select and apply current techniques and modern IT Tools for innovative software solutions.
- PO4: Technical Skill Development To develop and sharpen programming, networking, and other computer science skills required in the field of study/ higher education.
- PO5: Societal Concern: Utilize the role of computing for solving real life problems and to analyze its global impact on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability:
- Actively involved with knowledge, skills and right attitude in environmental context for sustainable development.
- PO7: Ethics: Recognize ethical principles and moral values for the computing profession in global economic environment.
- PO8: Individual and team work Ability to function effectively as an individual or a team member engaged in accomplishes a common goal.
- PO9: Communication: Development of good communication skills in both written and verbal form to convey technical information effectively and accurately.
- PO10: Life-long learning: Ability to recognize the need of training and skills to engage in self-regulating and life-long learning.
- PSO1: Computer Science Provide effective and efficient solutions to real life problems using acquired knowledge in Data Mining, graph theory, advanced DBMS and other computer science concepts for continued professional development.
- PSO2: Information Technology
- Explore and provide software solutions of complex problems using information technology concepts like Enterprise Resource Planning, network security, IT infrastructure management.