About the Programme
B.Sc. B. Ed. is a four-year integrated undergraduate programme offering a dual degree. The programme was started with a vision to impart in-depth knowledge of different subjects including Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology with three broad interrelated curricular areas.
The programme is designed according to UGC and   NCTE guidelines to prepare qualitative future teachers for nation-building. During these four years, students complete their graduation in Science along with their graduation in Education as well. It saves one year for the students. The programme has been designed to impart theoretical knowledge and practical skills to students in different disciplines of Science and empowers them with problem-solving skills.
Resilience is the ethos of the programme which is achieved by offering various electives. EPCs are introduced for personality development and to provide knowledge of ICT. The programme is bettered for practical adeptness with a twenty-week internship programme including four-week observation in schools to provide real experiences.
- PEO1 To integrate general studies comprising science, social science humanities and professional studies to provide a strong foundation to future teachers.
- PEO2 To maintain a balance between theoretical and practical components of the programme, thus representing a wide knowledge base of a school teacher.
- PEO3 To endow prospective teachers with competencies, skills and research work needed for becoming an effective, competent and committed teacher for upper primary and secondary stages of school education.
- PEO4 To equip prospective teachers with integrity, inclusiveness and ethical values to sensitize them about emerging issues such as environment, gender equality, human rights etc.   in order to make them responsible citizens.
- PO1 Curriculum and Planning:      Curriculum and Planning: Pupil teachers will be able to design meaningful goals and objectives for learning by applying the knowledge of core content and pedagogy
- PO02 The Learner and Learning Environment      Pupil teachers will be able to develop an understanding of cognitive, social and emotional skills. They will be able to assess individual differences, which will help them to get an understanding of how students come to view, develop and make sense of subject matter.
- PO3 Teaching      : Pupil teachers can deliver meaningful learning to students by integrating their knowledge of content, pedagogy, learner, learning environment, engaging in reflective instructional cycle of planning, instructing, assessing and applying various strategies of assessment for teaching
- PO4 Professional responsibilities for School and Community      : Pupil teachers will be able to build teacher leadership qualities by participating in the development and/or implementation of school-wide mission, strategic planning/improvement process, curriculum initiatives, student support and management systems. Thus, maintaining an environment that fosters student learning and demonstrating a commitment to ethical and responsible behavi
- PO5 Professional responsibilities towards ICT in teaching:      :Pupil teachers will be adapted to use the ICT effectively so as to design, implement and assess learning experience to enrich their professional experience and to provide positive models for students, colleagues and the community.
- PO6 Culturally Responsive Teaching practice/ Inclusive Education:      Pupils will formulate culturally responsive teaching practices to help all students regardless of barriers related to race, geographic location, special needs and economic background.
- PO7 Research: The pupil teacher will be able to do Action research to scientifically solve the problems that occur during the classroom teaching, presentation and achieving learning objectives.