About the Programme
B.Sc. B. Ed. is a four-year integrated undergraduate programme offering a dual degree. The programme was started with a vision to impart in-depth knowledge of different subjects including Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology with three broad interrelated curricular areas.
The programme is designed according to UGC and   NCTE guidelines to prepare qualitative future teachers for nation-building. During these four years, students complete their graduation in Science along with their graduation in Education as well. It saves one year for the students. The programme has been designed to impart theoretical knowledge and practical skills to students in different disciplines of Science and empowers them with problem-solving skills.
Resilience is the ethos of the programme which is achieved by offering various electives. EPCs are introduced for personality development and to provide knowledge of ICT. The programme is bettered for practical adeptness with a twenty-week internship programme including four-week observation in schools to provide real experiences.
- PEO1-To integrate general studies comprising science, social science humanities and professional studies to provide a strong foundation to future teachers.
- PEO2-  To maintain a balance between theoretical and practical components of the programme, thus representing a wide knowledge base of a school teacher.
- PEO3-  To endow prospective teachers with competencies, skills and research work needed for becoming an effective, competent and committed teacher for upper primary and secondary stages of school education.
- PEO4-  To equip prospective teachers with integrity, inclusiveness and ethical values to sensitize them about emerging issues such as environment, gender equality, human rights etc.   in order to make them responsible citizens.
- PO1- Curriculum and Planning:  Curriculum and Planning: Pupil teachers will be able to design meaningful goals and objectives for learning by applying the knowledge of core content and pedagogy
- PO2- The Learner and Learning Environment:  Pupil teachers will be able to develop an understanding of cognitive, social and emotional skills. They will be able to assess individual differences, which will help them to get an understanding of how students come to view, develop and make sense of subject matter.
- PO3- Teaching: Pupil teachers can deliver meaningful learning to students by integrating their knowledge of content, pedagogy, learner, learning environment, engaging in reflective instructional cycle of planning, instructing, assessing and applying various strategies of assessment for teaching
- PO4- Professional responsibilities for School and Community: Pupil teachers will be able to build teacher leadership qualities by participating in the development and/or implementation of school-wide mission, strategic planning/improvement process, curriculum initiatives, student support, and management systems. Thus, maintaining an environment that fosters student learning and demonstrating a commitment to ethical and responsible behavi
- PO5- Professional responsibilities towards ICT in teaching:  Pupil teachers will be adapted to use the ICT effectively so as to design, implement and assess learning experiences to enrich their professional experience and to provide positive models for students, colleagues, and the community.
- PO6- Culturally Responsive Teaching practice/ Inclusive Education:  Pupils will formulate culturally responsive teaching practices to help all students regardless of barriers related to race, geographic location, special needs and economic background.
- PO7- Research: The pupil teacher will be able to do Action research to scientifically solve the problems that occur during the classroom teaching, presentation and achieving learning objectives.
- PSO1-To redefine the social function of the school teacher in the context of achieving target Education for All.
- PSO2-  To develop a deep critical understanding of the science curriculum and science pedagogy in teachers, who are believed to perform a transformative role in School Education.
- PSO3-  To develop sensitivity about emerging issues such as environment, population, inclusion, gender, equality, etc.
- PSO4-  To empower the student teachers to adopt an interdisciplinary and technologically embedded approach for drawing linkages across different curricular areas to make learning experiences meaningful for ‘all’ learners.