About the Programme
Bachelor of Education is a two-year undergraduate programme designed according to NCTE guidelines and is spread across four semesters. The entire programme is composed of education components and pedagogies evaluation processes followed by a school internship.     The curriculum is comprised of three broad interrelated curricular areas of perspectives in education pedagogic studies and field engagement.
It also includes inbuilt field-based units of study and projects along with theoretical inputs from an interdisciplinary perspective. The special structured curriculum will be offered on Techno Skills IT skills Performing Arts Visual Arts and Physical Education. Functional English paper is taught to enhance the communication skills of the learners. The programme help students engage in educational issues of national and international importance and develop a conceptual understanding of the role of the teacher in this culturally diverse scenario. It offers comprehensive coverage of themes and rigorous field engagement with the child school and community. The programme prepares you for educational leadership roles. The programme has been started with a vision to impart in-depth knowledge of teacher education and prepare qualitative future teachers for nation-building.
- PEO1      To prepare prospective teachers with a solid foundation in pedagogy, skills and technology for a successful career in teaching.
- PEO2      To prepare effective teachers who become effective collaborators/ innovators in efforts to address social, psychological and philosophical challenges.
- PEO3      To prepare prospective teachers who engage in professional development through self-study, professional study, research and real practice in teaching.
- PEO4      To equip prospective teachers with integrity, inclusiveness and ethical values so that they become responsible citizens.
- PO01-  Curriculum and Planning:      Pupil teachers will be able to develop an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing and developing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum with regard to foundation and pedagogy courses.
- PO02- The Learner and Learning Environment:      Pupil teachers will be able to develop and maintain an environment that fosters students’ learning and demonstrates a commitment to ethical and responsible behavior.
- PO03- Teaching:      Pupil teachers will develop the required competencies and skills for organizing creative and productive teaching and learning experiences.
- PO04-  Professional responsibilities for School and Community:      Pupil teachers will be able to build teacher leadership qualities by participating in the development and/or implementation of school-wide mission, strategic planning/improvement process, curriculum initiatives, student support and management systems.
- PO05- Professional responsibilities towards ICT in teaching:      Pupil teachers will be adapted to use the ICT effectively so as to design, implement and assess learning experience to enrich their professional experience and to provide positive models for students, colleagues and the community.
- PO06- Culturally Responsive Teaching practice/ Inclusive Education:      Pupils will formulate culturally responsive teaching practices to help all students regardless of barriers related to gender, race, geographic location, special needs and economic background.
- PO07- Research:  The pupil teacher will be able to undertake short term research projects to scientifically solve the problems that may occur during the classroom teaching, presentation and achieving learning objectives.