About the Programme
The Bachelor of Visual Arts in Painting is a four year undergraduate program that focuses on  developing the vital skill sets required for creating visuals that can be realistic, abstract and conceptual.The programme is an amalgamation of practical and supportive theoretical studies exposing the students to the various social, cultural. historical and political dynamics of the world. Providing them the necessary skill set, and thought process to develop their unique expression through various visual art forms. The program faculties emphasize on nurturing and sharpening the creative thought capital in the students by offering them hands-on training of different media that expand from basic to advanced material and methods of Painting.
The program expands the core skills towards the  additional knowledge of Clay modelling, Printmaking, 3D Printing,Photography and Installation Art. It imbibes the research aptitude and basic art writing skills in the students.To fulfill the students with enthusiasm and energy they are exposed to various contemporary art events, artists interaction, workshops and field visits. The program is a wholesome approach towards preparing the students for transforming their thoughts, research and ideas into visuals through practice.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the history of art and  aesthetics theoretically
- PO2: Identify and apply the elements and principles of visual art when visually  communicating information and ideas
- PO3: Apply knowledge of historical narratives, contemporary issues, and processes  and directions of their fields, to produce interpretations and/or artifacts
- PO4: Describe the history of their field, theoretical framework of their field, and  contemporary work being done in their field
- PO5: Develop and produce relevant projects using various media and technologies  both traditional and contemporary — appropriate to their field
- PO6: Perform a useful critical analysis of communication, form, and concept
- PO7: Create work with an appropriate relationship between form, content, and  context when visually communicating information and/or ideas
- PO8 : Solve formal, conceptual, and communication problems through the process of  self-directed trial, error, and refinement
- PO9: Demonstrate perceptual acuity (perceptual “sharpness,” to see/understand  things in a way others do not), conceptual and contextual understanding, and technical  facility at a professional entry level in their chosen fields
- PO10: Solve visual/aural, conceptual, and technical problems through independentlyand collaboratively- generated analysis, evaluation, and refinement
- PO11: Assess and present their research, process, and outcome in an articulate  manner
- PO12: Present themselves in a professional manner appropriate to their field of  study.
- PSO1: Applied Art Practices: To be able to demonstrate their knowledge in the field  of Advertising and different media of Advertising like Print media, Digital media, Broadcast  and New media etc. (for BVA in Applied Art)
- PSO2: Painting Practices: To be able to demonstrate with creative and technical  skills in the specific domain of Painting and all other Fine Arts related fields. This will enable
- them to be employed globally. (for BVA in Painting)