About the Programme
B.A. B.Ed. Integrated is a four-year undergraduate programme that offers a dual degree. The programme was started with a vision to impart in-depth knowledge of different subjects of Humanities including Political Science, History, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Psychology as well as English and Hindi languages. The programme is designed according to NCTE guidelines to prepare qualitative future teachers for nation-building.
Resilience is the essence of this programme which is achieved by offering various electives. EPCs are introduced for personality development and to provide knowledge of ICT. It consists of a twenty-week internship programme including a four-week observation in schools to provide industry experience to the students. The programme trains students in principles of education philosophy for teachers learning theory and practice and classroom management.
During these four years, the students get hands-on experience by observing real-life classroom teaching and excelling in the same during their internship period. Functional English is taught to enhance the communication skills of the learners.
- PEO1 To prepare prospective teachers with a solid foundation in pedagogy, skills and technology for a successful career in teaching.      Education      Integrated Bachelor of Arts- Bachelor of Education
- PEO2 To prepare effective teachers who become effective collaborators/ innovators in efforts to address social, psychological and philosophical challenges.      Education      Integrated Bachelor of Arts- Bachelor of Education
- PEO3 To prepare prospective teachers who engage in professional development through self-study, professional study, research and real practice in teaching.      Education      Integrated Bachelor of Arts- Bachelor of Education
- PEO4 To equip prospective teachers with integrity, inclusiveness and ethical values so that they become responsible citizens.      Education      Integrated Bachelor of Arts- Bachelor of Education
- PO01 Curriculum and Planning: Pupil teachers will be able to design meaningful goals and objectives for learning by applying the knowledge of core content and pedagogy.
- PO02 The Learner and Learning Environment: Pupil teachers will be able to develop an understanding of cognitive, social and emotional skills. They will be able to assess individual differences, which will help them to get an understanding of how students come to view, develop and make sense of subject matter.
- PO03 Teaching: Pupil teachers can deliver meaningful learning to students by integrating their knowledge of content, pedagogy, learner, learning environment, engaging in reflective instructional cycle of planning, instructing, assessing and applying various strategies of assessment for teaching
- PO04 Professional responsibilities for School and Community: Pupil teachers will be able to build teacher leadership qualities by participating in the development and/or implementation of school-wide mission, strategic planning/improvement process, curriculum initiatives, student support and management systems. Thus, maintaining an environment that fosters student learning and demonstrating a commitment to ethical and responsible behavior.
- PO05 Professional responsibilities towards ICT in teaching: Pupil teachers will be adapted to use the ICT effectively so as to design, implement and assess learning experience to enrich their professional experience and to provide positive models for students, colleagues and the community.
- PO06 Culturally Responsive Teaching practice/ Inclusive Education: Pupils will formulate culturally responsive teaching practices to help all students regardless of barriers related to race, geographic location, special needs and economic background.
- PO07 Research: The pupil teacher will be able to do Action research to scientifically solve the problems that occur during the classroom teaching, presentation and achieving learning objectives.