- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Research & Publications
Dr. Piali Haldar is Assistant Professor in Sharda University Greater Noida, holds Ph.D. Degree from BIT, Mesra, PGDRM from IRMAS and Graduation degree in Eco.(Hons.) from Jadavpur University. During her 13 years of teaching career, she has held various academic and administrative positions. Her area of research is Consumer Behaviour in Rural Marketing, Marketing Strategies for emerging economies. She has published papers in reputed national and international journals and published paper in conference proceedings. Her various articles, case studies, and conference papers reflect her wide-ranging research interest. She has published an edited book on rural Marketing. She has been an invited speaker at different conferences, ASSOCHAM and CII.
- 21 Years
- Phd in Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Rural Marketing
- Organizing Workshop in Rural Marketing
- Mind Management
- Self Management
- Haldar P (2015) “Modern Rural Marketing Network: A Case of India”, Asia Pacific Journal of Rural Management, Vol.XXV, No.1
- Haldar P and Gupta S L (2015), “Challenges Faced by Small and Medium Size Rural Retailers in India – An Empirical Study Using Factor Analysis”, Gitam Journal of Management, Vol 13 No. 2, pp 22-39.
- Maxwell Akaba, Debra Black, Mehraz Boolaky and Piali Haldar (2015), “Child Television Advertising: The Perception, Attitude and Observations of Ghanian Parents” ELK Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Retail Management.
- Haldar P and Gupta S L (2012), “Changing Face of Rural Retailing in India”, Proficient An International Journal of Management; Vol VI No, I,
- Haldar P and Gupta S L (2011), “Existence of Traditional and Emerging Retail Option in Rural India”, Proficient An International Journal of Management, Vol.III No. XI
- Haldar P and Pati S (2011), “Need for Paradigm Shift to Improve Supply Chain Management of Fruits & Vegetables in India”, Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, Vol 1 No.1.
- Haldar P and Kumar (2011), “Micromax- A Pathbreaker”, Marketing Mastermind, IFCAI University Press.
- Haldar P and Gupta S L (2011), “Fabindia – A Silent Social Worker”, Marketing MasterMind, IFCAI University Press.
- Haldar P (2010), “Product Demonstration – Effective Tool of Communication Mix for Rural Appeal”, Advertising Express, IFCAI University Press.
- Haldar P (2015), “India: Niche Tourism in Rural Areas”, International Conference on Marketing, IIM Raipur.
- Haldar P (2013), “Challenges Faced by the Small and Medium Size Rural Retailers in India”, International Conclave on Innovations in Engineering & Management, BIT Patna Campus.
- Haldar P (2012) “Broadband Marketing Initiative by HCL-BSNL for Economic Development of Rural India”, International Conference on “Marketing Paradigms in Emerging Economies”, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Haldar P (2012), “Influence of Rural Retailing on Culture and Lifestyle of Rural Consumers” International Conference on Sustainable Management Practices: Developments & Dimensions, Faculty of Management Studies, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
- Haldar P (2011), “Study on How to Increase the Ridership of Delhi Airport Metro Express”, International Conference on Management Practices & Research, Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi.
- Haldar P (2011), “It’s Never Too Late! – A Case Study on Micro Max Mobile”, International Business Summit & Research Conference of Asia, Amity University.
- Haldar P (2010), “Innovative Retailing Strategy adopted by Hindustan Unilever Limited for Creating Foothold in the Hinterland” International Conference on Strategy & Organisation, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.
- Haldar P (2007), “Rural Tourism – Challenges and Opportunities”, International Conference on Marketing & Society, IIM Khozikode.
- Invited as speaker at CII at Roundtable on Rural and Farm Tourism: A Niche that India can Offer, for a talk on “Farm & Rural Tourism: The Product” on Friday 6 September 2013.
- Invited as speaker to give a talk on “Effective Leadership Traits and Skills for Managing Global Sustainable Brands” in a Brand Summit organised by ASSOCHAM, at Assocham House, New Delhi, on 26 April 2013.
- Invited as speaker to give a talk on “Entrepreneurial Aim of Tourism Students” in a National Convention on Agri-Tourism: The Way to Rural Development, “Innovative Income Generating Activity for Agripreneur”s organised by ASSOCHAM, at Assocham House, New Delhi, on 18 March 2010.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture