Classroom teaching is complemented with innumerable scholarly activities including lectures by eminent professor, seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia and colloquia, making our school an intellectually stimulating vibrant place.
Some highlights include:
- The School organized Six Journal Club Meetings from the month of August, 2018 till date, where four faculties of different backgrounds have presented papers on varied topics raising from Psychology to Politics, Literature to Religion.
- The 6th Annual Conference on NextGen Approaches of English Language Teaching was jointly organized by Sharda University and ELT@I, NCR-Greater Noida on March 24, 2018.
- The first Literature festival, INKWASH was organized in March 2018 which saw the participation of more than 150 students in a plethora of creative events designed by students of literature.
- A guest talk on “The Archaic Evil and Milton’s Cult Formation: Reading Books 1 and IX of Paradise Lost” by Md. Abbasuddin Tapadar, Assistant Professor of English of University of Delhi on 2nd of November 2018, in Room no. 802, 8th floor. The purpose of the talk was to introduce the Epic work Paradise Lost in a greater way by a subject expert to our students.The text is a part of their syllabus (M.A. English 1st year in particular and all our literature students in general).
- CASABLANCA Movie Club: We took the initiative to form a movie club in the school where we show our students literary adaptations andaward winning world movies from different cultures. The purpose of the club is to teach our students howto appreciate life, art and literature and also to take up Film Studies Course, Film Appreciation Course as subjects and as career options in future. Already screened movies: The Grave of the Fireflies (Based on World war) and To Kill a Mockingbird (Literary Adaptation).
- Special Lecture on ‘Foundations of Vedic Masculinity’ by Dr. Smita Sehgal, Associate Professor Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University. (a noted Historian and alumnus of St. Stephen’s Delhi University).
- Special Lecture on ‘Women, Gender and Popular Culture’ by Dr. Prem Srivastava, Associate Professor at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University.
- Special Lecture on ‘Road to Creativity’ by Dr. Sukrita Paul Kumar, (a noted poet, critic and academician).
- Special Lecture on ‘Shakespeare and the Proscenium Stage’ by Dr. Dilip Basu, Associate Professor (Retd.) Rajdhani College, Delhi University.
- Special Lecture on ‘Buddhist Philosophy of Knowledge’ by Prof. Hira Paul Gangnegi, Department of Buddhist Studies, Delhi University.
- Poetry Reading Session by noted poet, Akhil Katyal, Assistant Professor, Shiv Nadar University
- One-day seminar on "Raise Your Game" under the lecture series on ‘Human Excellence’ by Anant Kasibhatla, a renowned international speaker and Limca Book of Record holder for memory.
- Workshop on Research Methodology by Ms. Toran Talwar, Dayalbagh Educational Institute.
- Workshop on ‘Leadership analysis and Working Under Pressure’ for faculty and students by L. Surjit Singh, Associate Professor, ILLM College of Engineering and Technology.
- One day seminar on Mind, Memory and Management by Psycho Neurobics " under the lecture series on ‘Human Excellence’ by Dr. B. K. Chandrashekhar, Indian Book of Records holder for inventing mind testing machine and 3D healing album and winner of Sunrise Peace Mission Award for contribution in public health service through Psycho Neurobics and Raj yoga.
- Workshop on ‘Feminism in Contemporary Literature’ by Dr. Prem Srivastva, Associate Professor at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University.