Major Academic Activities undertaken in ECE department in 2016-17
- The MOU was signed between ECE Sharda University and Domautics on 14 /01/2016.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SET organized Training Session on Solar Panel Installation & VLSI Verification by Skills Council Of India (Electronic Sector) | 27th Dec'16 - 10th Jan'17
- Industrial visit for final year students The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SET had arranged an industrial visit for the students of final year ECE at Panchayatan (installation of the 10kw solar plant) Dhankaur on 24tht August 2016.
- An industrial trip was organized by ECE Department for B.Tech students, at Tevatron Technologies, Noida on 5th March 2016.
- An Industrial trip was organized by the ECE Department for M.Tech Digital Communication students, at ALTTC Gzb on 11th February 2016.
- Mr Jitendra Sagu from TICO Delhi has delivered a special lecture on Embedded Technology & Job opportunity in Industry" to the department of ECE students, on 4th Mar'16.
- Mr Dharmendra Kumar from Bharat Electronics Limited, Gzb has delivered a special lecture Microwave Components for industrial use to the department of ECE students, on 4th Mar'16.
- Professor L.O.Chua, speaking on the topic, Everything you know about Memristor but are afraid to ask, at the department of ECE on 02/02/2016.
Future Academic Plans
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship training on the anvil in coordination with National Skill Development Corporation.
- Classes for students for Indian Engineering Services/GATE are scheduled.
- Workshops on Latest trends in Telecom are planned in Electronics & Communication Engineering Department.
- Department is organizing a training programme on The latest open source tools to enhance the technical skills of faculty and students.
- A Product Development Cell is being created in ECE with four faculty and sixteen students active in developing commercial products in close collaboration with industry.
- Telecom, Embedded System, IOT, VLSI, Solar Designing and RF Microwave shall be developed as niche areas through industry related projects and extensive use of Lab facilities in and outside University.
- Skill development Certification of our students is planned in Embedded VLSI, SOLAR, Android App Development.
- Extensive involvement with Industry to identify the projects for students and faculty are scheduled by July
- A number of workshops/seminars/industrial visits/experts lectures are scheduled in departments.
Seminars/Symposium/Workshops/FDP conducted in 2016
- Two days FDP on PCB Design was organised by Electronics and Communication Engineering, on 27th & 28th May 2016.
- Workshop on Data Communication "Netcomm (Data Communication Emerging Technologies) Technologies, ITIL V3.0, & Digital Marketing" for students and staff members was organized by ECE Department on 26th October 2016.
- Workshop on Arduino Robotics in collaboration with Technomentis Edu Sevices was organized by the Student Chapter of IETE of ECE Department from 11th, Nov 2016 to 12th Nov2016.
- Two Days FDP on Telecom Terminal Equipment Application Developer - Android on with assessment by Telecom sector skill council from 22nd and 23rd January 2017.
- Boot Camp of 12 Days on "Android App Development" - was organized by the Student Chapter of IETE of ECE Department in collaboration with TSSC, India | 10th Jan17
- Eleven Days FDP on Solar Panel Installation Engineer with an assessment by Electronic sector skill council was organized by ECE Department from 27/12/2016 to 7/1/17.
- Seventeen Days FDP on VLSI Verification Engineer with an assessment by Electronic sector skill council was organized by ECE Department from 27/12/2016 to 13/1/17
- Nine Days FDP on Telecom embedded hardware Developer with an assessment by Telecom sector skill council was organized from 30/7/16 to 8/8/16
- One day workshop was organized by ECE Department for B.Tech First yr students of ECE and EEE on Robo Skill" on 8th Feb 2017
- Two days workshop was organized by ECE Department for B. Tech First yr students of ECE and EEE on Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designing and Circuit Development" on 15-16 Nov 2016
- Organized an expert lecture of Prof.P.N.Prasad, University at Buffalo, NY, USA on 29th February 2017.
Achievements of Faculty during the year 2016
- Ms Noore Zahra and Ms. Rashmi pridarshini were awarded PhD degree
- Faculty of ECE published fourteen research papers in reputed journals during 2016.
- Prof Abdhesh Kumar Singh delivered an invited talk on Advances on Signal Processing ITS Engineering College Grater Noida
- Dr.Pallavi gupta has successfully completed master Trainer for Android Applications from Telecom sector skill council.
- Dr.Pallavi Gupta, Dr. Noore Zahra, Ms Manisha Rajoriya and Ms Ritu Singh have successfully completed master Trainer for Solar Panel installation Design Engineer from Electronic sector skill council.
- Dr.Pallavi Gupta attended a one-week training program on Global and Business Foundation Skills by NASSCOM in December 2016
- Rashmi Priyadarshini has successfully completed the Master training program on "Telecomm Embedded Hardware system Developer
- Mr. S.Mukharjee has successfully completed master Trainer for VLSI verification Engineer from Electronic sector skill council.
- Dr.Noore Zahra has invited to Chair a session in 8th International Conference of Image Processing, Wavelet and application at Istanbul, Turkey from 22-24 September 2016.
- Dr. Noore Zahra Presented a talk on Feature Extraction of Brain Tumour using wavelet on 8th International Conference of Image Processing, Wavelet and application at Istanbul, Turkey from 22-24 September 2016
- Dr. Noore Zahra Presented a talk on Application of Wavelet Transform in structural Health monitoring System for buildings on 8th International Conference of Image Processing, Wavelet and application at Istanbul, Turkey from 22-24 September 2016.
- Applications of Remote Sensing & GIS for Natural Resources
Department of ECE, SET in association with Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun part of ISRO, has organized a program on Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resources from 27th Jan to 20th March 2015. The program is inaugurated on 27/02/2015 with best wishes and regards of Prof. R.K. Jaitley, Dean, SET. Participants include M.Tech students (ECE, CSE, and EIE), BS-MS students and Faculty members.
ECE Department has organized two days National Conference on Emerging Trends of Electronics & Communication Engineering on 20th -21st March 2015. The conference is organised by Ms. Manisha Rajoriya and Mr. Mohd Zeeshan Haider, faculty of the ECE department in the supervision of Dr. R.M. Mehra. In the conference, more than 20 papers were presented from outside engineering colleges and about 60 M.tech students of Sharda University and JNU Delhi, of different specialisation, has taken part in the conference.
Mr. G. V. Singh from Domautics delivered a special lecture on IoTs(Internet of Things) to the department of ECE students. They discussed home automation using IoTs and various application in industry.
- Industrial Interaction People Meet
A meeting was held in the HoD-ECEs Conference Room on 29th January 2016. Discussion on the importance of the curriculum as per the industry requirement was done between the industry people. The meeting was chaired by the HoD-ECE. The following Guest & faculty members were present at the meeting.
- Dr. Satish Chandra Tiwari - Cadence, Noida
- Mr. G. V. Singh - Domautics, Noida
- Mr. Ashish Rudla - ST Microelectronics, Gr. Noida
- Faculty Development Programme.
2 Days FDP from 22 to 23 December 2015 on Cadence Tool by Mr.Shashank Shekhar from Cadence, Bangalore, Organized by Dr.Pallavi Gupta and Prince Nagar.
The MoU has been signed between Advance Level Telecom Training Center (ALTTC), Ghaziabad and Department of ECE and EEE, SET, Sharda University on 4th December 2015.
The MOU has been signed between ECE Sharda University and Domautics on 14 /01/2016. These people are looking forward to developing an R&D centre in our Dept.
- Expert Talk on Evolution & Application of GSM Technology-'1G to 5G'
Dr. Sandeep Kumar from Tech Mahindra Ltd has delivered a special Evolution & Application of GSM technology: 1G to 5G to the department of ECE students, on 11th Feb'16.This lecture was organized by Mr. Sandeep Singh and Mr. S.Mukherjee.
- Expert Talk on Energy Conservation.
Mr.Mukesh Ranjan and Mr. K.K Ranjan from PCRA, has delivered a special lecture on Energy Conservation to the department of ECE students, on 28th Jan'16. This lecture was organized by Dr.A.K Singh and Dr.Pallavi Gupta.
- Expert Talk on Placement & Technology
Mr. Devendra Khari, CEO, DKOP Labs. Pvt. Ltd. visited the Department of ECE and delivered an Expert lecture on placement and technology to B.Tech 4th year and M.Tech 1st-year students.
- Workshop on Matlab Basics
Dept. of ECE, conducted a one-day workshop on Matlab Basics. The workshop was attended mostly by 2nd and 4th-year students of ECE. This workshop was held on 12/10/2015.
- Workshop on "VLSI Trends and Future
A workshop " on VLSI Trends and Future " was organized in ECE Department by Mr. Yogendra Gill (Assistant Professor, ECE) and Mr.Prince Ngar(Lecturer, ECE) in collaboration with 3ST Technologies Pvt.Ltd. on 6th November 2015.
The workshop was held in the support with Mr Sandeep Gupta(Director 3ST).
- Industrial Visit to Advanced Level Telecom Training Centre (ALTT Centre), Ghaziabad
ALTT Centre, Ghaziabad is having a state-of-the-art telecom technology lab and is an apex level telecom training centre of BSNL. ALTCC encompasses various telecom streams e.g. Mobile Technologies (GSM, CDMA, 3G, WI-Max, LTE etc), Modern Transmission Technologies, IPv6, Satellite communication etc. Prof A.K. Singh arranged for the visit. Students of the third year and final year ECE visited this centre on 1st October 2015, following faculty accompanied the visit Mrs. Ritu Singh and Dr. G.Venkat Babu. Prof A.K. Singh and Mr. Sandeep Singh interacted with Mr. M.K.Seth, Chief General Manager, ALTT Centre.
- National Conference on Progress in Photovoltaic
- (NC-PPV 2010), was organized on 06 March 2010 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 10 National Scientists with the participation of 100 Researchers and Students.
- Indo-Japan Conference on Frontier Nanomaterials for Energy (FNE-2012) was organized from 9-11 January 2012 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 9 International and 15 Indian Scientists with the participation of 150 Researchers and Students.
- Training for Faculty Members:
MATLAB AND SIMULINK ACADEMIC TOUR 2013, September 24, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
Vidyut Yantra Udyog, Modinagar October 06, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
System Lab, ST Microelectronics, G. Noida.
- Seminars on Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics
Seminar on Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics by Dr. Rajeev Srivastava, Design Engineer, on September 05, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 am in R. No. 402, SET 1 for the students of M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Cadence Seminar on "Opportunities in Semiconductor and VLSI
- Industries on 10th September 2013 from 2:30 to 4:00 pm in the Auditorium R. No. 102 SET 3 for the students of B.Tech.
- ECE 4th year and M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Training online on Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources
Department of Electronics and Communication, Sharda University Conducted " Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources program as a satellite-based training for universities sponsored by National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) from 03/02/2014 to 29/03/2014.
- Workshop on Carrier After Engineering
Workshop on Carrier After Engineering by Electronics for You, published by EFY Enterprises Pvt Ltd for the third year and second-year ECE students: Mr. Santosh Kumar, Marketing Manager of EFY publication 07/02/2014.
- Five days course on DSP under FDP for the faculty members of ECE. Duration: 05 days (June 12-16, 2014).
- Sessions/day; Two (11:00 am - 1:00 pm and 2:00 - 4:00 pm).
- One day workshop on VLSI Design
Department of ECE organized one day workshop with DUCAT, Noida for the students of B.Tech and M.Tech on VLSI design on 30th September 2014 in SET V, Room No. 603. This workshop was a co-curricular activity that enriched the knowledge base of students. This workshop was delivered by the eminent speaker, Mr. Harsh, from industry. The workshop covered current developments and career aspects of VLSI Technology.
- Workshop Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity
Workshop on Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity for Inclusive Growth 18th October 2014, Sharda University.
- Workshop Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers
Workshop and Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers, Mr. Bikarmjeet Singh, Director of HBEON Lab, Greater Noida 11/11/2014 and 13/11/2014.