Business Incubation Centre
The Business Incubation Centre (BIC) at Sharda University has been established in 2013 under the sponsorship by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India, New Delhi. At present, the research work on eight approved ideas is in progress.
- 1. Lab scale development of piezoelectric transformer
- 2. Development of light emitting diodes
- 3. Development of photovoltaic modules of dye sensitized solar cell
- 4. Development of intelligent system as graphology expert
- 5. Design and Development of filters
- 6. Antibacterial nano material embedded fabrics for medical applications
- 7. Prototype development of supercapacitor
- 8. Biodiesel production from waste vegetable and non edible oils using nanoparticle catalyst for commercial purposes
Progress at Business Incubation Centre:
- In the 1st Idea lead free piezoelectric ceramics have been prepared b a conventional solid state reaction. In this the incubatee has prepared required ceramics in four different compositions. Further, all the samples have been successfully characterized by SEM.
- In 2nd Idea, CdSe and CdTe nanomaterials have been synthesized and characterized by various instrumental techniques such as XRD, SEM, TEM, UV-Vis. XRD and TEM revealed their size ranges from 26 nm to 41 nm. Their optical band gap is also found to be highly technologically suitable for device fabrication. Furthermore, the study of their photophysical and electrical properties are under progress as a part of future work to study their suitability as ultrabright LED material for the fabrication of device which will be completed by next six months.
- Under 3rd Idea, TiO2 has been procured and small area single cell material evaluation and performance checking has been completed. Two 1 x 1 cm cells have been fabricated and tested. The results show Jsc= 21 uA, Voc= 0.4 V, and ?=0.03%. The future plan for this idea is to fabricate large area (10x10cm) which will take place in next three months and finalization of device design and device evaluation will be completed in further three months.
- Data sample forms have been collected by various strata of people for the 4th Idea. Text for different language has been identified and data collection is still under progress. Base line from different text has been estimated. Feature based on the baseline is mapped also.
- Under the 5th Idea, polymer blends have been prepared and characterized well with DSC, AFM and powder XRD. DSC and PXRD results revealed large crystalline property in the solution of blends prepared by the PC and PMMA. Now the study of pore design based on the analysis of pure liquid flow through the pores of a surface microfilter is under progress.
- In 6th Idea, ZnO nanoparticles and hydrogel have been synthesised by a simple techniques and are used on a fabric bandage. The hydrogels have been synthesised using PVA (18 mmol of OH group) with dimethyl suphur oxide DMSO as a solvent and N,N_-methylenebisacrylamide (bis-AAm) as the cross linker. Zinc oxide nanoparticles have also been synthesized using a simple precipitation method with zinc sulfate and ammonia as starting materials. The synthesized samples were calcined at 4000c
- Research and Development Activity, Sharda University Page 19 temperatures for 5 hrs. The hydrogel were utilized to provide uniform distribution and binding of the nanoparticles to the fiber surface and to prevent their agglomeration. The resulting ZnO-Hydrogel fabric bandage have been investigated for antibiotic activity against gram-negative bacteria of three species; E.Coli, Pseudomonas and Staphylococcus aureus known as important pathogens in clinical infections. Significantly high antibacterial effect on the bacteria tested was achieved.
- In 7th Idea, procurement of chemical and glassware has been done. Under this idea, electrodes preparation using graphite and grapheme sheet is under progress.
- In 8th Idea, Chicken bones after calination has been used as heterogeneous solid base catalysts for the direct tranesterification reaction of waste cooking oil. The calcinations of chicken bone was done at 550oC for 2 hours and characterized by XRD and SEM techniques. The transesterification reaction condition was carried out at 60oC for 60 minutes in presence of 0.8 wt % calcined chicken bone powder as catalyst. The yield of the biodiesel was found to be 79.43%. The catalytic activity of various catalysts has been investigated at a molar ratio of 4:1. The comparative study shows that sulphuric acid, chicken bone, sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide produced the following yields of biodiesel: 79.16, 77.95, 59.21 and 47.52 % respectively. The acid and saponification values were 0.336 and 72.93 mg KOH/g and lower than the standard values.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture