“You haven’t lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
This quote perfectly fits our friends, the animals, who give us so much to be thankful for. The non-vegetarian dishes, load carriage, rural transport and what not are only possible because of the fauna species.
Imagine the world without dogs, cats, pandas, and others. Would that be as wondrous as it is now? The answer is too obvious to state.
If watching animals suffer bothers you, and you want to make a difference in their living conditions, M. Tech. Animal Biotechnology degree course should be your pathway.
Curious about its area of study? Here is everything you need to know before enrolling in this discipline. Dig in and learn about the various interesting subjects you will be studying while pursuing this course.
But before that, a short introduction on Animal Biotechnology:
An Introduction to M. Tech. Animal Biotechnology
- Tech. in Animal Biotechnology is a two-year degree course whose curriculum includes biological sciences and engineering, together with relevant lab programmes.
The objectives of the proposed course are to make the aspirants learn biotechnology oriented basic and applied research programmes for improving animal productivity. The course aims to help the students develop innovative dairy processes for producing superior quality, safe and wholesome dairy products
Students also learn the animal reproductive processes to develop methods for improved animal health and regulated production. Besides, aspirants are also exposed to monitor animal nutritional plans and feed combinations.
The Contents You Will Come Across:
- Fundamentals of cell & molecular biology
- Animal cell culture: principles & applications
- Immunology applied to biotechnology
- Reproductive biotechnology
- Applied molecular biology
- Molecular diagnostics
- Preservation and maintenance of animal cell lines
- Gene and Genome, Gene expression and regulation
- Gene Transfer to Animal Cells
- Animal Germ cells and development
- Valuable genes for animal biology
- Transgenic animals and gene knock-outs.
- Techniques in molecular biology & genetic engineering
- Research & dissertation
Some Exclusive Add-ons
Apart from the postgraduate degree in Animal Biotechnology, a diploma in the following subjects can help you secure a better career in this field.
- Animal/equine science
- Animal management
- Animal production science
- Animal studies
- Animal welfare and behavior
- Applied animal science
- Public health nutrition
- Veterinary science
Major Employers in This Field
After completion of the course, you can work in a range of roles, from advisory positions to product development to sales and marketing jobs in:
- Colleges & Universities
- Government departments
- Agricultural advisory bodies
- Educational and research institutions
- Animal and pet food manufacturers
- International development agencies
Being on the top list of the most prolific career options, this branch is the core of the animal healthcare industry. If you want to be successful in this field, the best choice for you should be a rewarding profession with enormous opportunities.