Did You Know? The Indian IT sector is expected to grow at a rate of 12-14 per cent for the FY 2016-17 in constant currency terms. The sector is also expected to triple its current annual revenue to reach US$ 350 billion by FY 2025.
With the emergence of the information technology wave, markets all over the world have been completely taken over.
With such multitude of scope, I am sure joining the IT sector is a dream come true for most of us. However, if you still need reasons, here are some of the main ones.
- The salaries in the IT sector are constantly increasing.
- There are many job opportunities than the other fields.
- Organizations are investing more money than before on IT initiatives
- Finding qualified candidates is tougher than ever for the employers
The Information Technology field boasts of unparalleled scope mixed with hefty pay packages.
Here are some of the many career options one can undertake after pursuing IT engineering:
- Web Developer and Designer
- Data Security Officer
- Database Manager
- Software Developer
- Information Technology Engineer
In fact, the list of careers is endless and these are only a few major ones. The Information Technology sector acts as a pillar to most of the divisions like aviation, education, healthcare, telecommunication, manufacturing and even various government initiatives.
In both government and private sector, the hiring process is never ending and always ON.
A lot of Information Technology companies are at the expansion stage. With such tremendous growth, companies like Infosys, TCS, HCL, Accenture, Convergys, IBM, Wipro, etc. are always hiring new recruits.
Some of the main job profiles include:
- Web Developer- A web developer uses his/her technical abilities to make the web applications workable. As per the client requirement, a web programmer handles the technical aspects like processing orders, taking credit card payments, etc.
As per the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, from 2014 to 2024, there will be an expected rise of 27% in the rate of growth of web developer.
- C++ Programmer- A C++ programmer/developer is a master of the C language. C++ is an advanced version of C, just like java and C# and is also considered as the most powerful language to use on Microsoft’s NET framework.
- C++ Developers design, code, test, debug and implement software applications. They ensure that the application runs smoothly without any bug and work long hours for the same.
- Database Administrators- A database administrator takes care of the performance, integrity and security of a database. He is concerned with the planning and development of database, and troubleshooting issues on behalf of the users.
- NET Programmers- ASP.NET is an open source server-side web application framework made for web development to produce dynamic web-pages. It was developed by microsoft.
- The ASP.NET programmer must handle many aspects of the application including security, testing, scalability and performance. He must be able to use .NET to build a web application, desktop application or a mobile application.
For students who want to be a part of the government sector after B. Tech Information technology, the scope is again huge. Graduates can prepare for government exams like UPSC, SSC and work at various state or central departments.
If the government and private sectors do not seem like your cup of tea then why not go for one of the most respectable and relaxed professions?
The teaching profession, as I see it, is one of the most amazing professions one could be a part of. What better than imbibing knowledge to a set of fresh minds?
Start your own: If a normal 9 to 5 job is not your cup of tea, why not be a job provider? Be your own boss as you start something new to fulfill your dreams. There are lots of B.Tech graduates who start their venture and have been extremely successful at it.
Also, after such great knowledge in the field of information technology through their degree, they have the potential to make it BIG.
Or Maybe Work for One: The startup sector in the process of being a job provider has been recruiting many talented and experienced IT professionals. After the degree, you can look for a job with a start up and in a few years be among the top.
There is no looking back- IT is HUGE
E-commerce giants like Amazon, Flipkart, and Myntra are already ruling the employment sector. Now and then, they are on the lookout for IT professionals.
Moreover, other big companies like Google and Microsoft are offering such lucrative salaries that people are even more inquisitive.
When I see the IT engineering field, all I visualize is SCOPE, SCOPE, AND LOTS OF SCOPE.