Business Incubation Centre
Addressing the increase in the potential of startups, Sharda University's Business Incubation Centre (BIC) was established in 2013 under the sponsorship by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India, New Delhi. The objective of the incubation centre is simple - to inspire and work with aspiring entrepreneurs to shape up business ideas into commercial start-up companies.
Under the guidance of diligent and experienced faculty, candidates learn the dynamic process of business development and how to survive in their early stage. In addition, the institutions also provide infrastructural support i.e. office space, meeting room to the candidates. At every step, the individuals are mentored and nurtured for their acquiescent business ideas.
At present, the research work on eight approved ideas is in progress.
- Lab scale development of the piezoelectric transformer.
- Development of light emitting diodes.
- Design and Development of filters.
- Antibacterial nanomaterial embedded fabrics for medical applications.
- Development of photovoltaic modules of dye-sensitized solar cell.
- Prototype development of super-capacitor.
- Development of intelligent system as graphology expert.
- Biodiesel production from waste vegetable and non-edible oils using a nano-particle catalyst for commercial purposes.
- Business and technical mentoring by the in-house-faculty and industry experts.
- Coordinating and providing hands-on training to introduce candidates with industry interface.
- Organizing activities/seminars/events/lectures to promote and support the entrepreneurial spirit of the candidates.
- Providing fundraising assistance.
- Close monitoring and feedback to the candidates on their market research and business planning for successful implementation.
- The Business Incubator Centre is developed supporting prime minister’s vision for Startup India.
- Candidates are mentored by the industry-leading experts.
- Currently, eight projects are under the supervision of the faculty.
- Regular workshops and events are held to enhance the entrepreneurial spirit of the candidates.
- The selected candidates are offered fundraising assistance and infrastructural facilities.