|1. ||Involve physical assault or threat tuse physical force. |
|2. ||Violate the status, dignity and honor of students, in particular, women students and those belonging ta scheduled caste or a scheduled tribe. |
|3. ||Expose students tridicule or contempt or commit an act which may lower their self esteem. |
|4. ||Entail verbal abuse, mental or physical torture, aggression, corporal punishment, harassment, trauma, indecent gesture and obscene behavior. |
- Ragging, for the purposes of this ordinance, shall ordinarily mean any act, conduct or practice by which the dominant power or status of senior students is brought tbear upon the students whare in any way considered junior or inferior by the former and includes individual or collective acts or practices which:
- Ragging in any form shall be strictly prohibited within the premises of the University, a school or an institution, as the case may be, or in any part of the University system as well as on public
transport, or at any other place, public or private.
- Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging shall constitute an act of gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with under the provisions of the ordinance-19 on ‘Maintenance of Discipline among Students’ and /or law.
- The Dean of the School or the Chancellor of the institution, as the case may be, shall, without fail, take immediate action on the receipt of any information that ragging has taken place or is likely to take place.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the above clause, The Chief Warden or The Registrar may also Suo motu inquire into any incident of ragging or likelihood of such incident and make a report to the Vice-Chancellor clearly pinpointing, among other details, the identity of the student or the students who were involved in the incident and the nature of the incident, provided that such information must be submitted in strict confidence.
- The Head of the Discipline Committee, as the case may be, may also submit an interim report to the Vice-Chancellor establishing the identity of the perpetrators of ragging and the nature of the incident.
- If the Head of the Discipline Committee is satisfied that for any reason, to be recorded in writing, it is not feasible to hold an inquiry, he may so advise the Vice-Chancellor accordingly.
- Where the Vice-Chancellor is satisfied, on receipt of a recommendation to this effect or otherwise, that it is not expedient to hold an inquiry into an incident of ragging, he shall order accordingly for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Anti-Ragging squads will be highly vigilant in the University campus, hostels, cafeterias and all other areas including University hostels outside the campus. All the students, are hereby warned to not to indulge in ragging in any of its form, whatsoever, stringent punitive action will be taken against those found guilty of ragging..
Punishment(s) in the event of Ragging
Depending upon the gravity of offence as established by the anti-ragging committee of Sharda University, the punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Forfeiting Campus Placement opportunities / recommendations.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding of results.
- Debarring from representing the University/Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the University for a period ranging from one to two years.
- Expulsion from the University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- A fine of INR 25,000/-.
|S.No ||Name ||Email ID / Mobile No. |
|1. ||Dr. B. Bhattacharya ||(M) 8800998810 |
In the case of any ragging incident, the students should immediately call or send an email and bring it to the notice of above persons for necessary help, guidance, and actions.
In order to ensure the implementation of the policy of 'Zero Tolerence' for ragging of any kid, the following Anti-Ragging Committe has been constituted:
|S.No ||Name ||Designation ||Email ID ||Mobile No. |
|1. ||Dr. B. Bhattacharya ||COE; Professor-in- charge SBS&R Chairman of the Committee ||email@example.com ||8800998810 |
|2. ||Dr. Siddharth M. ||Prof. & Head Periodontics, SDS ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||9810256106 |
|3. ||Prof. Sidhyartha Mukherjee ||Medical Superintendent ,Sharda Hospital ||Sidhyartha.Mukherjee@sharda.ac.in ||8285678409 |
|4. ||Dr. Lt. Col. Rekha Gupta ||Professor, SNS&R ||email@example.com ||8130989184 |
|5. ||Dr. Nimmi Chutani ||Prof. & Head Obst. & Gynae, SMS&R ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||8826998117 |
|6. ||Dr.Ruchi Chauhan ||Associate Professor, OBG, SMS&r ||email@example.com ||9313115738 |
|7. ||Ms. Santhi Narayanan ||Asst. Prof., SBS ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||9811597665 |
|8. ||Dr. Nirupama Gupta ||Professor Anatomy SMS&R ||email@example.com ||9911733889 |
|9. ||Mr. T.P. Singh ||Asstt Prof., SET ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||9911753737 |
|10. ||Ms. Suman Lata Dhar ||Asstt. Prof., SET and Associate Dean, students' Welfare ||email@example.com ||9871252413 |
|11. ||Mr. Sandeep Kr. Singh ||Associate Prof., SET ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||9891833637 |
|12. ||Mr. Mridul Dharwal ||Asstt. Prof. SBS ||email@example.com ||9212523101 |
|13. ||Mr. RB Singh ||Sr. Security Officer ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||9310549312 |
Note: Anti-Ragging Policy has been formulated under the guidelines given in the Ordinance-19 on ‘MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENTS’ under Section (VIII to XV) provided for Anti-Ragging measures.