- Strength of Materials: The laboratory offers facilities for testing building materials for their strength, behavior and suitability for various applications. The laboratory also provides material testing services, building material testing services, refractory material testing services and geological material testing services.
- Engineering Drawing: The facilities in this laboratory makes students get acquainted with the principles of projection, multi-dimensional view of objects, pictorial drawings and sketches, geometric construction, sectioning, lettering, tolerancing and dimensioning. It also lays emphasis upon analysis and graphic presentation of space relationships of fundamental geometric elements.
- Survey: This laboratory houses all the sophisticated instruments viz. Electronic Total Station, GPS, Theodolite, Auto levels, Vernier Theodolite, Digital Planimeter, Dumpy Levels, in addition with other fundamental equipments such as Chain, Tape, Compass, and Plane Table.
- Soil Mechanics: The space for this laboratory is well equipped with all instruments required for identification and classification of soils (w.r.t. physical and chemical properties) and strength testing of soil samples.
- Water Resources/ Hydrology/ Hydraulics: This is a combined laboratory equipped with flow measuring devices in pipes and flow measurements in open channels. Facilities are available for calibration of flow measuring devices as well as pressure testing of pipes and pumps. The equipments in the lab are Reynolds apparatus with coloured die injector arrangement, Metacentric height apparatus, Pipe friction apparatus, Bernoulli’s theorem apparatus, Loss in pipe fitting apparatus, Venturimeter and Orifice meter for flow measurement, Impact of jet apparatus, Notch apparatus, Darcy’s law apparatus and Surface tension apparatus.
- CAD/ CAM/ Geo Informatics: This laboratory is an extension of the Engineering Drawing lab. In this the students are taught working proficiency in CAD programs, such as AutoCAD and Pro/ENGINEER. This also has software for analysing the spatial data for Geo Informatics analysis.
- Structural Analysis Lab: Structural analysis laboratory aims at modelling structural systems in engineering domain and observing their mechanical behaviors. The lab is equipped with modern as well as traditional equipments for performing different experiments. Some equipments amongst the lot present in laboratory are Shear Force & Bending Moment Analysis Apparatus, Analysis of Two Hinged and Three Hinged Arches, Deflection of Curved Members.
- Environmental Engineering Lab: The lab is well-equipped for characterisation and quality analysis of water and waste water. Composed of both wet-lab and digital instruments, the lab caters to environmental engineering and environmental chemistry aspects of our raw/drinking water supplies and municipal/industrial sewage. Some of the salient equipments include digital meters for measuring pH, turbidity, total dissolved solids and dissolved oxygen; instant residual chlorine kit; COD apparatus and Jar-test assembly for optimal coagulant dose.
- Concrete Lab: Facilities and equipment are available for handling and preparation of concrete, for testing Wet concrete properties, Temperature controlled ovens, In-situ Property Evaluation of concrete; Concrete core-cutting machine
- Transportation Lab: The Transportation Engineering laboratory of the Civil Engineering focuses on transport related issues. The lab aims at promoting applied research and new methodologies in the field of transportation Engineering. The lab is equipped with equipment for conducting field and laboratory tests on Subgrade, Aggregates, Bituminous Materials and Bituminous Mixes; facilities for conducting traffic studies; facilities for assessing pavement performance and cyclic loading test equipment.
The department is in the process of developing other labs which shall be needed for the coming years.