The Department has five modern air-conditioned computing labs. Out of these, one lab is dedicated for Postgraduate students and for research scholars in the Department. The whole Department is connected through a LAN in order to provide modern teaching and learning environment and fast access to the Internet. All systems are equipped with high speed and excellent Internet connectivity in order to facilitate various academic throughputs and are available to the students for conducting e-learning and interactive lab session during the classes. In addition, the Department has round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity. The LAN caters to many important computing needs of the Department such as compilers of the popular programming languages, RDBMS software (Oracle, SQL server), communication facility and Internet facility. All the labs, the seminar room, office are connected through LAN. Norton protection management & Internet security gateway are installed for virus protection and protection against eavesdropper.
- Operating System ( Windows NT/XP, Windows 7 & Red Hat Linux), and requisite Software (Oracle-9i/10g, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL server 2005, compiler of various languages such as C, C++, Java 1.7, MATLAB 7.14, Visual Prolog, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visual Basic, Acrobat Reader and Writer, Photoshop, Turbo Assembler, Borland C++, MS-Office-XP, Macromedia Director 11.5, Studio MAX (Dream Weaver, Flash, Freehand). 500 Pentium IV/C2D/Quad Core PCs.
- Servers: Mail server, DNS Server, DHCP server, File server, Proxy server, Network monitoring server, Application server for Exam, Backup server
- Printers: HP-Color LaserJet 2550Ln, HP-Color LaserJet 3600, HP-LaserJet 1020 series.
- Scanner: HP-Scanjet 4750 C , HP Scanjet 5590, LCD Projectors, Kyan Machines.
- Wireless LAN: IEEE 802.11 b based Cisco Aironet Access Points, CISCO Wireless Adaptor PCI/PCMCIA, HP iPAQ 3950 PDAs.