| || |
Prof. R K Verma
| Designation : Professor || |
- B.Tech (IIT Delhi)
- PGDBA (IIM Ahemdabad) 2 yrs. residential
- Ph.D equivalence research experience & Publication.
- Certified Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Consultant on SAP R/3 Version 3.1H on Sales and Distribution.
- NCC, UK Certified Software Quality Professional
- Software Engineering and Project Management
- Certificate by Price Water House, Brussels, Belgium
- International Marketing and Good Business Practices Certificate by International Trade Centre ITC/WTO/UNCTAO, Geneva
- Export Procedures, Rules Methods of Market Research and Documentation Short-terms Management Programme by IIFT, Delhi
- Commercial Arbitration – Intensive Short-terms programme by Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi
- Executive Director of Apeejay Institute of Technology and Director AIT-School of Management, Greater Noida with responsibility of overall implementation of the programmes and the projects relating to higher education, research and consulting, 2007-2010
- Director, Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi from April 2007 – September 2007
- Senior Director, Engineering & Head Delivery, Network Program of India (NPI) from September 06 –March 07.
- Executive Director, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Noida from May 1996 to Sept. 06 and Director,
C-DAC,Deptt. of Electronics, Govt. of India, New Delhi for AICTE approved Management & Computer Science Programme
- Sr. Director, Department of Electronics, Govt. of India, New Delhi from 1991-1996.
- Sr. Consultant, ITC/WTO, Geneva for Information Technology
- Teaching: 14 Yrs
- Research: 10 Yrs
- Industry: 11 Yrs
Area of Specializations
- Professor of Strategic Management; Corporate Strategy Management, Project Appraisal and Management, Business Systems and Process, ERP.
- Research: Policy Formulation for IT & BPOs, Corporate Strategy formulation for M/s. Jubilant Organosys, BPL, Compaq India etc., Business process re-engineering for GAIL, IOC, DLW, Varanasi etc., Computer Software Application with focus on Security Systems, Design of Embedded Systems based on Thin Linux, Corporate Governance and e-Governance.
- Industry : Quality Assurance, Process Alignment and Supply Chain Management.
Subjects teaching at Post Graduate Level
Corporate Strategy Management, Project Appraisal and Management, Business Systems and Processes, ERP, Business Ethics and Corporate Governance, Analytics.
Experience in setting up new Institutions
- Set up Electronic Research & Development Sector of India at Noida for undertaking research in Electronics and Telecommunications. Project initiated with a capital of Rs. 10.00 lakhs, which grew to Rs. 20.00 crore in a span of Five years
- Set up Centre for Advanced Computing at Noida to take up research, development & education in the filed of computer sciences and management
- Set up Apeejay Institute of Technology, School of Management for Women with an initial intake of 60 PGDM students
- Set up Apeejay Svran International College in collaboration with University of Greenwich, U.K
- Advisor to the Indian Mission to European Commission at Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Advisor to ITC/WTO, Geneva on establishing institutions for higher education and training
- Consultant to Ed.CIL, a public sector company for setting up institutes of higher learning for the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the Govt. of Kazakhstan
Consulting, Research and Publication
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) has awarded 7th IETE-BV Baliga Memorial Award for distinguished contribution in the field of electronics and telecommunications with emphasis on R&D and industrial development during the past ten years. The award carried a Gold Medal, Citation and Cash Prize.
- Award for best performance as a president IIT alumni association, New Delhi
- Award for Information Communications Technology and IT Policies from International Trade Centre, UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva
Research & Consulting Projects
- Consultancy for “Trade in Digital content: Export Opportunities for Developing Countries” for International Trade Centre-UNCTAD/WTO, Oct 2007, Research report and recomondetaion to International Agencies, Goverment and Industry Associations.
- Consultancy for Bangladesh “Quality Support Program for improving cometativeness of exports of IT enabled servises”, Dec 2007, financed by Europian Commission, Belgium. Value chaing diogonis and strategy formulation for implementation by various stakeholders as Govt. Of Bangladesh and associations.
- Educational Research Project with grant of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) to develop course curricula, delivery mechanism and quality assurance for award of MBA International Business by Apeejay Institute of Technology in collaboration with the University of Greenwich, U.K.
- Process Mapping for design and development of The Computerised School Administration System ICT In Basic Education, Ministry Of Public Education, Republic Of Uzbekistan with project support from Asian Development Bank through Education Consultant India Ltd. (Ed.CIL)
- Consulting & Research on Trade Enhancement in Environmental Technology and Services (ETS) Sector: Exporting Green IT and related Services Solutions from Developing Countries for India & Thailand, September 2008.
- HIS and PACS : Implementation of HIS solution at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and 32 Hospitals of Govt. of NCT of Delhi and DHS.
- e-Governance Application : Implemented CEMIS, PMIS, ITAS, SMIS on all India basis for Indian Railways in Client Server Technologies.
- ERP : “AS-IS” and “TO-BE” study for implementation and implemented SAP – FI, SD and HR at C-DAC, Noida. Also studied the process of DLW, Varanasi, HFCL, Kamrup, CEL, Sahibabad and others, 2004-05.
- National consultant on “Green Market Information : emerging green business opportunities” for SMEs in Bangkok, Thailand in Dec 2008.
- Research on E-business readyness for India, Nepal, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Research report and recomondetaion to International Agencies, Goverment and Industry Associations, Feb 2003.
- Preparation for Business Guide on Venture Capital for ICT exporters “IT project Manangement and International software Quality Standards” Aug 2002.
- Preparation of Country profiles on Information Technologies for Azerbaijan, Lativia and Lithunia for harnessing export potential and developing capacities, Sep 2002.
- International Consultant on Market Develop of Information and communication technologies (ICT products) Oct, 2002, UNCTAD, Geneva.
- Export potential of Romanian information technology sector : Senario for growth, information technology parks and brand building and Internationalisation, March 2002.
- International consultant on preparation of country case study (India) on non tariff measures for International Trade Centre, Geneva, Nov 2001.
- International consultant of “Seizing Digital opportunity: Effective partnerships for Information technology industries.
Books & Publication
- Impact of Uruguay Round on Developing Countries in the Field of Electronics & Information technology, ITC, WTO, Geneva, 2009
- Strategic Papers in the Field of Information Technology, ITC, WTO, Geneva, 2009.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: AN APPROACH TO BRAND RECALL AND REINFORCEMENT, for Internal Journal of Management Issues and Research, July 2012.
- Published technical papers on Information Risk Management, (WMSCI 2006), USA,
- Published technical papers on OSS and Localization efforts, e-Gov Asia 2006, Bangkok,
- Research paper on “EMERGANCE OF NEW BUSINESS MODEL AFTER RECESSION TO INNOVATE IN THE KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY” published by Apeejay Journal of Management, June 2009.
- Published papers on B2B e-Marketplaces- Asia and Pacific,2005 ITC/WTO, Geneva etc.
Technology Development and Transfers
- A system for multi lingual translation from English to Hindi and other Indian Languages Using Pseudo Intel Lingua.
- Parallel Corpora in 11 Indian Languages: Prabandika for Corpora Management
- Vishleshika for Extraction of Language Components from given text.
- Framework for e-Governance Application using Meta Data Structure.
- Set-up box to BPL India, Bangalore, Real Time Systems , New Delhi and ECI India, Hyderabad
- PV Grid Utility System for Synchronization with Grid System to Central Electronics Ltd., Sahibabad, U.P
| || |