| || |
Dr. Harsh Mahajan
| Designation : Medical Officer of Health Cum Assistant Professor / Asst. Professor || |
|Department || || |
Details of Resident ship
Performed Extensive Research in the field of NCDs among the subjects in the urban community of Gokulpuri and rural community of Barwala in Delhi. The research work involved the study of prevalence of Coronary heart disease and associated risk factors among these communities, association of known risk factors with CHD and awareness regarding risk factors, symptoms and prevention and control of CHD among these communities. The study was conducted in the following phases :
Phase I : Administration of a semi-structured schedule to the subjects including clinical examination.
Phase II : Electro-cardiogram and bio-chemical investigations including blood sugar and lipid profile
Phase III : Management, Referral and follow up.
The research work was submitted to Delhi University for MD thesis entitled “An epidemiological study of Coronary heart disease and associated risk factors in an urban and rural community of Delhi."
Publications And Conference Presentations
- Gupta M, Mahajan H, Lal P. Awareness about birth registration in a resettlement Colony of Delhi. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. April-June 2009; 34(2): 162-63.
- Mahajan H, Lal P, Ingle G K, Tyagi S, Kumar D, Gupta V K, Saha R. Study of Prevalence and Risk factors of CHD in a Rural Community of Delhi. Oral Presentation. Presented at 52nd National Conference of the Indian Public Health Association held at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 7th -9th March 2008.
Membership Of Professional Organizations
- Life member of Indian Public Health Association
- Life member of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine
Conferences/Symposia/ Workshop/Training Courses Attended
- Conference on “Stregthening Public Policy to Manage Emerging Health Challenges” organized by the TERI School of Advanced Studies from 19th – 21st July 2006
- 34th National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine organized by the Centre of Community Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, from 22nd to 24th February 2007
- Symposium on “Life-style diseases in young population”organized by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- 52nd National Conference of the Indian Public Health Association organized by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 7th -9th March 2008
- 2nd National Symposium on “Beliefs and Faiths : A Challenge to Public Health” organized by Maulana Azad Medical College, in collaboration with Center for Inquiry, Delhi and Centre for Media Study, on 13th September 2008
- Training course in “Prevention and Control of HIV/AIDS”organized by the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, in collaboration with Delhi State AIDS Control Society, Govt. of NCT of Delhi from 6th-7th March 2006.
- Training on “Bio-Medical Waste Management”, organized by the Centre for Occupational and Environmental health, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi on 28th September 2006
- “Orientation Course on Medical Research”, organized by the Clinical Epidemiological Unit, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi from 18th to 19th October 2006
- A course in “Experimental Design and Biostatistics” conducted by the University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 3rd February 2007 to 18th August 2007
- Attended a workshop on “Addressing Non-Communicable diseases : A Public Health Primer”organized by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, on 6th March 2008
| || |