| || |
Dr. Shalini Sharma
| Designation : Professor || |
- Ph. D. - A.M.U, Aligarh. Topic : ‘An Empirical Study of Determination of Foodgrain Prices in Indian Economy’
- MA (Economics) - Punjabi University, Patiala awarded University Medal (Economics) for standing 1st in the Univ,
- BA ( Eco Hons) - Punjabi University, Patiala awarded University Medal (Economics) for standing 1st in the University
With more than 15 yrs teaching research training experience, Dr. Shalini Sharma, presently associated with Sharda University, Greater Noida has been one of the eminent professors in the campus. She had done her Ph. D. under the guidance of Prof. Ashok Mittal, Chairman, Economics Department, AMU, Aligarh. In her thesis an attempt has been made to extend the flex price theory by moving it from macro to micro framework. A General Equilibrium Model of Farm Economy has also been constructed. Engel’s Law has been generalized both on a priori reasoning and empirical evidence. Macro-Econometric modeling of consumption manifests invalidity of permanent income hypothesis of Friedman.
An alternative but innovative approach to generate estimates of permanent and transitory components of income and consumption has been developed and verified empirically. Besides, food grain prices have been found to conform to the flex price behavior; traders’ stocks play the pivotal role. The government subsidies have been found to focus on the inefficiency of such agencies as FCI; this reflects an abnormally high, so called economic costs of holding stocks; these are responsible for the hikes in issue prices. Various aspects of food-security such as Procurement, Procurement Prices, Public Distribution and Issue Prices and Public stocks have been rigorously analysed in a comprehensive manner.
Apart from that she has been actively participating in workshops/seminars and various educational activities held in Sharda Campus time and again.
Publications National / International
- Effect of Liberalization on Industry-Agriculture Terms of Trade. Published in The Indian Journal of Economics, Special issue on NEP, July, 1997. Authored jointly with Amit Sharma and Prof. Shri Prakash.
- Inventory Investment and Generalization of Mahalanobis Model of Growth. Published as the Leading Paper in: Macro Models, 96, Vol. XXIII, Lodz, Poland. The paper had earlier been presented at the International Conference on “Modelling of Economies in Transition”,University of Lodz. Senior Author-Prof. Shri Prakash. The paper deals only with the theoretical design and the mathematical derivations to prove theoretical propositions.
- Generalisation of Mahalanobis Model of Growth. Published in Artha Vijnana. Senior Author: Prof. Shri Prakash. This paper is the empirical prognostication of the paper at serial number 2 with Indian data. It determines empirical dimension of relationship between inventories and growth.
- Students’ Flows and Universlisation of Elementary Education: Markov Chain Modelling. Published in Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Vol. XIV, Poland. This had earlier been presented at the Twenty Third International Conference on Multivariate Statistical Analysis, University of Lodz. Senior Author: Prof. Shri Prakash.
- SAARC Cooperation, Trade and Growth. Presented at International Conference on SAARC: Cooperation and Conflict, Jadavapur University, Calcutta, 1996. Senior Author: Prof. Shri Prakash. The paper quantifies the growth gains of South- South cooperation.
- Growth of Income and Consumption in India. Published in Jauhri, B.M. (Editor, 2003) Development of Indian Economy During Fifty Years since Independence, Gian Publishing Company, Delhi. The paper tests empirically alternative consumption functions, including Friedman’s permanent income hypothesis. An alternative approach for decomposing income and consumption into permanent and transitory components has been developed.
- Modeling Income and Consumption Interrelations: Empirical Analysis of Poverty Syndrome with reference to Consumption of Food grains in India. Communicated for publication to The Indian Journal of Economics.
- Assessing Structural Adjustment- A Critical Comment on ‘Structural Adjustment in India’ by Ashwini Deshpande and Prabirjit Sarkar. Published in Economic and Political Weekly, May 25, 1996. Comment highlights technical and conceptual flaws of the study.
- An Introduction to Input Output Analysis, Published in Souvenir for Twelth International Conference on Input Output Techniques, New Delhi, 1995.
- An Evaluation of Impact of New Economic Policy on Indian Economy, Business Perspectives, Volume 4, No. 1, January-June, 2002. The paper has examined intensively various aspects of the economy and its policy interface.
- Globalization and Food Security in India, Presented at the Silver Jubilee Conference of National Academy of Social Science, January, 2002, Kerala University, Thiruvananthpuram.
- Branding and Brand Value- Conceptual Framework and Methodological Paradigms with Analysis of an Illustrative Case, Business Perspectives Vol. 6, No. 2. The paper has evolved concepts of Product and Company Brand on an exhaustive convas. It distinguishes between different types of brands and kinds of company brand. Formulae for determining brand values have been evolved. An empirical case has also been developed.
- Foreign Direct Investment and Development, Business Perspectives, Vol.5, No.2. July-December, 2003. The paper examines relationship between FDI and growth on the basis of data of 30 countries.
- Intellectual Property Rights- Conceptual Framework and Theoretical Paradigms, Business Perspectives, Special Issue on IPR, Vol. 6, No. 1. Concepts sources and implications of IPRs are examined in a new perspective.
- Econometric Modeling of Relationship between FDI and Growth. Communicated for Publication to The Indian Journal of Economics.
- “An Alternative Approach to Estimate Comprehensive Human Development Index in an Input Output Framework” (Joint Author), Presented at Special Session on HDI in an Input Output Framework of 15th IIOA International Conference on Input Output Techniques at Renmin University, Beijing (China P.R.). This is the core theme paper around which special session was organized by International Input Output Association.
- Banking –Industry Inter-Relations As Base Of Economic Growth- A Study In Input Output Framework, forthcoming in International Journal of Management, IMS, Ghaziabad. This paper evaluates the growth of banking industry in comprehensive terms. It also analyses the nature and dimension of interrelations between banking and economy.
- Determining Values of Product and Company Brands in Input Output Framework As Outcomes of Intellectual Property Rights. Presented at 15th International Conference on Input Output Techniques, June 2005, Beijing.
- Insurance-Economy Interrelations-Linkages As the Base of Multiplier- Acceleration Process of Growth, Journal of Insurance and Risk Management, Vol. 3, No. 5, Dec. 2004. The paper has evaluated quantitatively relationship between economy and insurance industry.
- Indian Contribution to Leontief’s Input Output Economics. Invited for Presentation at the Annual Conference of Indian Economic Association, 22-24 December, 2006, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Consumer Durables as Wealth: A Comparative Study of Finance and Non-Finance As Base of Purchase Decisions, Forthcoming in an Edited Book, Wealth Management, IIM Indore.
- Econometric Modeling of Access to Finance and its Impact on Decisions to Purchase Consumer Durables and their Management as Wealth in NCR Region, Presented at the National Conference on Emerging Issues in Management, January 2007, JIM Noida. The paper is being published in “Management of Wealth”, Edited by Dr. Praba Tripathi, IIM, Indore. Expected to be out in July, 2008.
- Impact of Forward Commodity Trading on General Prices in Indian Economy: A Partial Approach to Computable General Equilibrium Model, Presented at 16th International Conference on Input Output Techniques, Istanbul, Turkey
- Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Impact of Use of Finance Option for Purchase of Durable Consumer Goods on Indian Economy: A Study in General Equilibrium Framework, Presented at 16th International Conference on Input Output Techniques, Istanbul, Turkey
- It has been Accepted for publication in Bulletin Of Political Economy, Vol.No.2, July- Dec.,2008.
- Indian Contribution to Leontief’s Input Output Economics, Presented at 16th International Conference on Input Output Techniques, Istanbul, Turkey Paper Published in Bulletin of Political Economy, Vol.II, No.1, Athens, Greece.
- Energy Intensity of Indian Economy: Analysis of Inter-Temporal and Inter-Sector Differentials. Accepted for Presentation for the National Seminar on Globalization and Inclusive Growth, 2-4, May at Nuepa, N.Delhi. Organiser: Bimtech’s Center for Research Studies, G.Noida
- Impact of Differential Regional Development on Leakages of Financial Resources of Commercial Banks in major states of India. Presented at the National Seminar on Globalization and Inclusive Growth, Nuepa, N.Delhi, 2-4, May, 2008, organized by BIMTECH.
- Technological Change and Changing Intermediate Inputs Requirements: An Analysis of Inter-Sector Differentials in Indian Economy in an Input Output Framework. Presented at National Seminar on Globalization and Inclusive Growth, 2-4, May, 2008, Nupa, N.Delhi, organized by BIMTECH.
- Power Intensity of Indian Economy: A Study of Sectoral Variation in Input Output Framework Presented At 17th International Conference Of Iiao At Sao Paulo (Brazil) July 13-17.
- Divergence Between Equilibrium And Actual Prices Of Energy In Indianeconomy, Presented At 17th International Conference Of Iiao At Sao Paulo (Brazil) July 13-17.
- Input Output Modeling Of Impact Of FDI On Indian Economic Growth. Dr. Shalini Sharma,Prof Shri Prakash and Kasidij Presented At 17th International Conference Of Iiao At Sao Paulo (Brazil) July 13-17,2009.
- Power Intensity of Indian Economy: A study of Sectoral Variation in Input Output Framework, Presented at 17th International Conference Of Iiao At Sao Paulo (Brazil) July 13-17,2009.
- Twelfth International Conference on Input Output Techniques, December 1995, NIEPA.
- International Conference on SAARC- Conflict and Cooperation, Jadavpur University, March, 1996.
- International Conference on Insurance & Banking, 2005, BIMTECH – Philadelphia University.
- Fifteenth International Conference on Input Output Techniques, Renmin University, Beijing (June, 2005).
- 16th International Conference on Input Output Techniques, Istanbul, Turkey (July, 2007).
- 17th International Conference Of Iiao At Sao Paulo (Brazil) July 13-17,2009.
- International Round Table Conference on “Water Livelihood and Adaptation”, held at New Delhi on 5-6 November,2009.
- Silver Jubilee Conference of National Academy of Social Science, Kerala University, Thiruvananthpuram.
- National Seminar on Second Generation Reforms, AMU, Aligarh, November, 2001.
- National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights for Small and Medium Enterprises: Challenges and Prospects, B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra, February, 2004.
- National Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights, Thapar Institute of Technology, Patiala, March, 2004.
- National Summit on Rural Marketing, BIMTECH, New Delhi, April, 2004.
- 89th Annual Conference of Indian Economic Association, 27-29 December, 2006, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- National Seminar on Globalization and Inclusive Growth, 2-4, May, 2008, Nupa, N.Delhi, organized by BIMTECH
- RIS Silver Jubilee Conference on Financial Crisis, Global Economic Governance and Development, 6-7 February 2009, New Delhi.
- National Conference on Labour Economics, Punjabi University, Patiala, January, 1995.
- Member of Organizing Committee of XI International Conference on Input Output Techniques at New Delhi, December 1995.
- Ph.D. thesis examined by Prof. Anne Carter of Harvard University, Massachuttes.
Completed : Trainings at IIPA
- Direct Trainer Skills
- Design of Training
- Experiential Learning Techniques
Conducted Various Trainings for: Power Grid, IPGCL, Evonik, Ratnagiri Power Corp., DTL, BHEL, HPGCL etc .Member of the Team which did the TNA of Indo-German project on “Power Auditing” for Ministry of Power.
| || |