| || |
Mr. Gaurav Goel
| Designation : Assistant Professor || |
- M. E. Sc. - University of Western Ontario, Canada (2010).
- M. Tech (Water Resources Engineering) - National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (2003).
- B. Tech (Civil Engineering) - North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Tech., Itanagar (2001).
Gaurav Goel joined Sharda University following his move to India in 2010. Gaurav completed both his Bachelor’s and Master’s studies from renowned institutes of India and Canada. After completing his Master of Technology (M.Tech), Gaurav Goel has worked at universities in India and Bhutan which includes NIT Hamirpur, NERIST and CST Bhutan. The focus of his Master’s research was Artificial Groundwater Recharge using Rainwater, which raised one key question for Gaurav: ‘What is the fate of clean rainwater once it has reached the subsurface?’ Because subsurface contamination is a very common problem in industrialized countries, clean rainwater used to recharge aquifers can become polluted and thus may not be available for its intended use. Following this realization, he decided to pursue research in the area of Groundwater Contamination and Remediation. He relocated to Canada where he worked on to find cost effective and efficient means of exploration and remediation of contaminated sites. The results of his research has been published in Water Resources Research.
- Groundwater Hydrology.
- Flow through porous media.
- Groundwater Contamination and Remediation.
Goel Gaurav et al, ‘Experimental Investigation Of Dynamic Effects In Capillary Pressure: Fluid Viscosity Effects’ Accepted, Water Resources Research.
- Goel Gaurav et al, ‘Nuclear Power for Energy Production and Hazardous Waste Regulations in India’ 2010, Current Science.
- Goel Gaurav et al, ‘Optimal Use Of Surface Drains For Ground Water Recharge’ in preparation.
- Oral presentation at ‘7th Annual Earth Day Colloquium’ 2010 at UWO Canada.
- Oral presentation at ‘Western Research Forum’ 2010 at UWO Canada.
- Oral presentation at ‘Civil Engineering Seminar’ 2010 at UWO Canada.
- Poster presentation at ‘World Discoveries Research Showcase (2009) London, ON, Canada’.
- Oral presentation at the ‘Symposium (SyNRGS 2008) organized at University of Western Ontario, Canada’.
- Goel Gaurav et al, 2006 ‘Indoor Welding- Its Threats and Solutions’, Int. Conf. on AMPC, 28-30th August, Chennai, India.
- Goel Gaurav et al, 2006 ‘Improvement of the Mechanical Properties -An Overview of the Heat Treatment’, International Conference on Molecules to Materials, March 3-4th, pp 91-93.
- Goel Gaurav et al, 2006 ‘Assessment of Damage Mode in Composite Material by S-Link Clustering’, 2nd International congress on computational mechanics and simulation (ICCMS-06), Dec 8-10, IIT Guwahati.
National Conferences (Papers presented)
- Goel, Gaurav and Dobariyal, M. K. 2004. ‘Role of Farmer Co-operatives and Farmer Interest Groups in promoting agribusiness’. Paper presented at the National level seminar and consultative workshop held at NERIST, Itanagar.
- Goel, Gaurav., Setia, Baldev. and Verma, D.V.S. 2003. ‘Roof top water harvesting for northern Haryana - A case study’. Paper presented at the National Conference ACEDEC – 2003 held at HBTI, Kanpur.
- Goel, Gaurav and Thakur, Arvind. 2001. ‘Future Water Resources problems and Its Solutions’. Paper presented at the Aaghaz-2001 (a national level symposium) held at N.I.T., Silchar.
- Working to create ‘Virtual Lab’ at Sharda University.
- Conducted Soil and Groundwater sampling at Dow Chemical’s Sarnia site November, 2009.
- Supervised the Student project at CST Bhutan titled “Innovative design of Pit Latrine”.
- Expertise in scientific instruments EC5 probes (decagon devices), TDR probes, Axisymmetric Drop Shape Analyzer, Spinning drop tensiometer, CR 3000 and CR7 datalogger (Campbell scientific), Honeywell Sensotec pressure transducers etc
| || |