Prof. U. V. Balakrishnan
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
- Gold Medalist for M. Sc. (Mathematics), Calicut University in 1976.
- Ph. D. (Mathematics – Theory of Numbers) 1985, from Tifr. Bombay.
- 40 Years in Academic Field (Research & Teaching) (School of Mathematics, Tifr from 1976 – 1995).
Theory of Numbers
- Gold Medalist for M. Sc. (Mathematics), Calicut University In 1976.
- Editor, Eritrean Journal of Science and Engineering.
- Awarded Swiss National Research Fund Grants 21-39317.93 And 20-45449.95 in 1994 And 1996 for joint projects with Geneva University for Research Collaboration with Prof. Y.- F. S. Petermann
- Best Teacher Sharda University Award In 2014 – 15.
- Biography Appears in ‘Marquis Who Is Who In The World’, ‘Marquis Who is Who In Science and Engineering’, Who Is Who in The World (International Biography Centre, Cambridge, England) Etc..
IN REFEREED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- On the Mean Value of Dirichlet Series, Mathematische Zeitschrift 185 (1984), 533-537.
- Extreme values of the Dedekind zeta function, Acta Arithmetica, XLVI (1986), 199-210.
- Laurent expansion of Dirichlet series, Bulletin of Australian Math. Soc., 33 (1986), 351-357.
- Laurent Expansion of Dirichlet Series II, Monatshefte für Mathematik, 103 (1987), 1-5.
- A Footnote to a Conjecture in Number Theory – II (Co-authored with S. Srinivasan), Rendiconti Accademia Nazionale delle scienze, detta dei XL, Memorie di Matematica 1040 (1986), Vol. X fasc. 4, pp. 43-44.
- A series for (s), Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc., 31 (1988), 205-210.
- On the sum d(n) (n+N) (Co-authored with J. Sengupta), manuscripta mathematica, 67 (1990), 367-378.
- On arithmetical functions whose generating functions are of the form (s) (s+1)f(s+1) (Co-authored with Y. -F. S. Pétermann), Interdisciplinary studies in Number Theory Nov. 10 – 13, 1992, RIMS Kokyuroku (Japan) 837 (1993), 63-71.
- Sum of digits of divisors, Nieuw Archief Voor Wiskude, (Co-authored with B. Sury) July 1993, 169 – 170.
- Some remarks on ((n)), Fibonacci Quarterly, August 1994, 293-296.
- On the sum of divisors function, Journal of Number Theory 51 (1995), 147-168.
- Asymptotic estimates for a class of summatory functions (Co-authored with Y. -F. S. Pétermann), Publications internes de la Section de Mathématiques de l’Université de Genève, no. 9, Dec. 1994.
- The Dirichlet series of (s) (s+1)f(s+1) : On an error term associated to its coefficients (Co-authored with Y. -F. S. Pétermann), Acta Arithmetica LXXV.1 (1996), 39-69.14. Asymptotic estimates for a class of summatory functions (Co-authored with Y. -F. S. Pétermann), Journal of Number Theory 70 (1998) pp. 1-36.
- Errata to ‘The Dirichlet series of Z(s) Z(s+1)f(s+1): On an error term associated with its coefficients: (Acta Arithmetica 75, (1996), 39 – 69’ : Acta Arithmetica: LXXXVII.3 (1999).
- Estimates for a class of summatory functions II (Co-authored with Y. -F. S. Pétermann), Commentarii Mathematici Universitatis Sancti Pauli 50 No.1 (2001) pp. 89 – 109.
IN REFEREED INDIAN JOURNALS:
- On the mean value of 2k(s) on the critical line, Journal of the Indian Math. Soc., 43 (1979), 111-118.
- On the Laurent expansion of (s, ) at s = 1, Journal of the Indian Math. Soc., 46 (1982), 181-187.
- Touching Ramanujan’s work: (Proceedings of Ramanujan Conference in Gautam Buddh University, 15 – 16, Dec., 2012.) Mathematical Models Methods and Algorithms, Indian Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Chapter 13, pp. 233 – 240.
- A representation of (k) by a transformation of series, Preprint.
- On Euler’s transformation of series, Preprint.
- On a Theorem of S. Chowla and H. Walum, Preprint.
- On the digits of , Preprint.
- Measuring the growth of some divergent sequences or taming infinity, To appear.
- A further step in Stirling’s direction, To appear.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture