Prof. Ram K. Verma
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Prof. Ram K. Verma is currently working as Prof. Strategic Management and Adviser DCA.He joined as, Dean, School of Business from June 1, 2011 and served for 2 years.
His qualifications include: B.Tech (IIT Delhi), PGDBA (IIM Ahmadabad) and PhD equivalence research experience. His Professional experience include Certified Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Consultant on SAP R/3 Version 3.1H on Sales and Distribution. NCC, UK Certified Software Quality Professional. Software Engineering and Project Management Certificate by Price Water House, Brussels, Belgium. International Marketing and Good Business Practices Certificate by International Trade Centre ITC/WTO/UNCTAO, Geneva. Export Procedures, Rules Methods of Market Research and Documentation Short-terms Management Program me by IIFT, Delhi.
He has 33 year experience in academics, research and Industry. His Area of Specializations includes Strategic Management; Corporate Strategy Management, Project Appraisal and Management, Business Systems and Process, ERP.
He has worked in India and overseas. He was senior consultant ITC, Geneva and Advisor European commission Brussels. In India he setup Centre for advanced computing CDAC and founder executive director for more than 10 years.
His has 40 quality research papers in national and international journals and guided research thesis.
38 years in Industry, R&D, and Teaching
B.Tech .(IIT Delhi), PGDBA (IIM Ahmadabad), PhD equivalence research experience & Publication
- Corporate Strategy Management, Project Appraisal and Management, Business Systems and Process Analysts, and International Business operations.
- Research: Policy Formulation for IT & BPOs , System analysis and Design ,and Corporate Strategy formulation .
- Industry: Quality Assurance, Process Alignment and Supply Chain Management.
- Director, Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi from April 2007 – September 2007
- Senior Director, Engineering & Head Delivery, Network Program of India (NPI) from September 06 –March 07.
- Executive Director, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Noida from May, 1996 to Sept., 06 (Rs. 18400-22400) and Director, C-_DAC, Dept. Of Electronics, Govt. of India, New Delhi for AICTE approved Management & Computer Science Programme (AICTE letter No.06/03/UP/Engg/015 dated May 2006).
- Sr. Consultant, ITC/WTO, Geneva for Information Technology
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) has awarded 7th IETE-BV Baliga Memorial Award for distinguished contribution in the field of electronics and telecommunications with emphasis on R&D and industrial development during the past ten years. The award carried a Gold Medal, Citation and Cash Prize.
- Award for best performance as a president IIT alumni association, New Delhi
- Award for Information Communications Technology and IT Policies from International Trade Centre, UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva
- Dynamic Economic Analysis of Closed Loop Manufacturing/Remanufacturing Supply Chain using Modeling, Simulation, System dynamics, Manufacturing strategies, Remanufacturing strategies, Supply Chain Management
- Educational Research Project with grant of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) to develop course curricula, delivery mechanism and quality assurance for award of MBA International Business by Apeejay Institute of Technology in collaboration with the University of Greenwich, U.K.
- Process Mapping for design and development of The Computerized School Administration System ICT In Basic Education, Ministry Of Public Education, Republic Of Uzbekistan with project support from Asian Development Bank through Education Consultant India Ltd. (Ed.CIL
- Research Report on Trade Enhancement in Environmental Technology and Services (ETS) Sector: Exporting Green IT and related Services Solutions from Developing Countries for ITC/WTO, Geneva.
- HIS and PACS : Implementation of HIS solution at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Seagram, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and 32 Hospitals of Govt. of NCT of Delhi and DHS.
- E-Governance Application: Implemented CEMIS, PMIS, ITAS, and SMIS on all India bases for Indian Railways in Client Server Technologies.
- ERP: “AS-IS” and “TO-BE” study for implementation and implemented SAP – FI, SD and HR at C-DAC, Noida. Also studied the process of DLW, Varanasi, HFCL, Kamrup, CEL, Sahibabad and others.
- Sr. Consultant on Information Communications Technology and IT Policies of International Trade Centre, UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva
- Member of Senate Committee of IIT Delhi
- Past President and Secretary of IIT Delhi Alumni Association
- Executive Member of Consultative Committee/Research Council of Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer, IIT Delhi
- Member of International Centre for Information Systems & Audit, Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Past President and Member of Executive Committee of IETE Noida Centre.
- Life Member of Computer Society of India
- Life Member of The Indian Science Congress Association
- Fellow of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Electronics (IETE), New Delhi
- Associate Member of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs)
- Certified Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Consultant on SAP R/3 Version 3.1H on Sales and Distribution.
- NCC, UK Certified Software Quality Professional.
- Software Engineering and Project Management Certificate by Price Water House, Brussels, Belgium.
- International Marketing and Good Business Practices Certificate by International Trade Centre ITC/WTO/UNCTAO, Geneva.
- Export Procedures, Rules Methods of Market Research and Documentation Short-terms Management Programme by IIFT, Delhi.
- Commercial Arbitration – Intensive Short-terms programme by Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture