Prof. Dr. Rajiv Dutta
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr. Dutta earned M.Tech. in Biotechnology and Engineering from The Department of Chemical Engineering of IIT, Kharagpur, Ph.D. in Bioelectronics from BITS, Pilani and D.Sc. from IUCM, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Presently Prof. Dutta is Professor in Bioengineering at the Department of Biotechnology, Sharda University, GBN. Earlier to this he was Professor and Director, Institute of Bio-Science & Technology, SRMU, Barabanki, India, and QNS Chair Professor in Nanobiotechnology. He has taught Biochemical Engineering and Biophysics to B.E., M.E. and M.Sc. level students at Universities in India and abroad. He was also Faculty at the Department of Botany at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK and Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN apart of teaching to Ph.D. students; he carried out advanced research in the area of Ion channels electrophysiology and Membrane Nanopore. He is Fellow of American Association of Science & Technology (FAAST) and Institute of Nanotechnology (FION), Stirling, Scotland. He also holds the position of President of Biosensor Academy and Scientific Advisor to Serra BioLife Ltd., Melbourne, Australia. He had received various awards including JCI Outstanding Ten Young Person of India and ISBEM Dr. Ramesh Gulrajani Memorial Award 2006 and Outstand Researcher Award-2011 at Ion Channel Retreat, Vancouver, Canada. He is Editorial Board Member of several journals including American Journal of Plant Physiology, American Journal of Science & Technology, International Journal of Engineering, Asian Journal of Biotechnology etc. He has published 40 publications in highly cited journals and three patents to his credits. He has been invited to deliver talks and chair various sessions at several International scientific events. Prof. Dutta has visited several countries that include USA, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, The Netherlands, Hungry, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Argentina, Canada, China and Sri Lanka.
- Oct. 1993 to Dec.2000- Lecturer/ Lecturer-Senior Scale at the Biological Science Group, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India (Core Group faculty at Center for Biotechnology- A multidisciplinary center)
- July 2005-August 2009- Professor & Deputy Director (Off. DIrector), AMITY Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
- August 2009- March 2011- Professor & Director, School of Biotechnology and SU-QNS Center for Excellence in Nanotechnology and Bio-inforamtics, Shobhit University, Meerut, India
- April 2011-July 2011 - Professor & Program Director-Biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology, MIET, Meerut.
- August 2011- August 2012- Director, School of Biotechnology, IFTM University, Moradabad.
- August 2012-August 2013 - Dean and Sr. Professor, Faculty of Biological Engineering, Graphic Era University, Dehradun
- August 2013-till date- Director and Sr. Professor, Institute of Bioscience & Technology (IBST), Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University, Barabanki.
Click here to experience Details
- Ph.D (BITS-Pilani)
- D.Sc (IUCM, Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- M.Tech (IIT-Kharagpur)
- BioEngineering and NanoBiotechnology
- Recipient of most prestigious Creativity Encouragement Program for Young Scientists project award from Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India in 1989.
- ISCA Young Scientists Award Lecture 1992 and 1993.
- Received Society of Bioscience Lecture Award-1996.
- Received Young Scientist’s Award Gold Medal -1997 at the 35th World Congress of Natural Medicines, Tirupati.
- Received Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India Travel Abroad Grants for Young Scientists.
- Received Junior Chamber International (JCI) -Outstanding Young Persons Award (Trophy)-1998.
- Recipient of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India Scholarship (1987-1989) and Department of Biotechnology Fellowship (1989-1991).
- Recipient of Dr. Ramesh Gulrajani Memorial Award-2006 for Outstanding Research in Electrophysiology by the International Society for Bioelectromagnetism, MN, USA.
- Outstanding Researcher Award-2011 at Ion Channel Retreat, Vancouver, Canada.
Click here to view Research and Publications
- Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding (Fellow)
- World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (Elected Member)
- American Academy of Science and Technology (Fellow)
- International Academy of Arts, Science & Technology (Fellow)
- International Society for Research and Development (Fellow)
- International Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (Fellow)
- National Academy of Sciences, India (Elected Member)
- New York Academy of Sciences Elected (Member)
- Sigma-Xi, USA (Elected Member)
- The American Society of Research
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15