- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Research & Publications
Ms. Pratibha Biswas qualified UGC NET in English Literature in the year 2011. Prior to joining Sharda University, she has taught English language and literature, at colleges of Delhi University namely: Sri Aurobindo College, Shivaji College and Daulat Ram College. After completing M. Phil., she is currently pursuing Ph. D. from Dept. of English, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi.
4 years approx.
- Pursuing Ph.D (English Literature) from J.M.I, New Delhi
- M.Phil. (English Literature) from J.M.I, New Delhi.
- Qualified UGC NET in November 2011
- M. A (English Literature) from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
- B.A from Delhi University
- Indian Literature in English
- Dalit Literature
- Women’s Writing
- Contemporary Indian Poetry in English
- Teaching English language and literature
- Communication Skills
- Critical and creative writing
- Research paper titled “Polemics and Poetics of Bhimayana: Towards a New Literary Culture” published in the literary journal Muse India Issue 59: Jan- Feb 2015 (ISSN: 0975-1815).
- Research paper titled “Women in/and History: Reading the Novel River of Fire” published in the literary journal Muse India Issue 58: Nov-Dec 2014 (ISSN: 0975-1815).
- Research paper titled “Nation-State, Community and Identity Crisis in the Selected Short Stories of Saadat Hasan Manto ” published in The Criterion: An International Journal in English Vol. 5 Issue 6 -Dec 2014 (ISSN: 0976-8165).
- Co-authored paper titled “Gendering of Desire: Critical Perspectives on Indian English Poetry” presented at National Seminar on “Indian Literatures in English; New Directions, New Possibilities” held at Pondicherry University, published as a chapter in the book titled INDIAN LITERATURES IN ENGLISH: NEW DIRECTIONS NEWER POSSIBILITIES- by AUTHORSPRESS, New Delhi . (ISBN 978-81-7273-986-7)
- Poem titled ‘Predator’ published in Issue 6 of Open Road Review an international literary journal. (August 2013)
- Poems titled ‘Cold-Blooded Beauty’ and ‘Poetry’ published in the July 2014 issue of the Brown Critique, a critically acclaimed literary quarterly.
Participation in Conferences/Seminars
- Presented paper titled “ Teaching of Language as an Intercultural Approach in Higher Education” at International Conference organized by ELTAI ( an associate of IATEFL , UK) on 24- 26 February 2014.
- Presented paper titled “ Writing the Body: Domesticity, Sexuality and Violence in the Poetry of Meena Kandasamy” at Department of English Seminar on ‘Bodies that Matter’: The Ideology of Gender, Ram Lal Anand College, University of Delhi held on 27th -28th Feb 2015.
- Presented paper titled “ Poeticizing Resistance: Subversion in the Poetry of Meena Kandasamy” at UGC sponsored National Seminar on Contemporary Narratives of Subversion, held in Ramanujan College , University of Delhi 20-21 March 2015.
- Presented paper titled “Polemics and Poetics of Bhimayana: Towards a New Literary Culture” at Researchers at Work Conference on “Literature and Culture; Expanding Horizons: New Paradigms of Knowledge Production” organized by Centre for Comparative Literature School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad, India. (11-12 September 2014)
- Sahitya Academy New Delhi
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)