Dr. Vimlendu Bhushan Sinha
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
He was awarded Ph.D in Biotechnology for his work on ‘‘Studies on freezing stress down-regulated genes from Lepidium’’ from Kumaun University, Nainital in 2012. The complete work was carried out at Defence Institute of Bio-energy Research, DRDO, Haldwani. The worked involved isolation and characterization of novel genes involved in cold stress in the identified plant from the Leh, India. The identified ESTs were analysed and selected clones were subjected to RACE which yielded their full length sequences and were further characterized for expression studied using Real time PCR. The isolated genes were functionally validated by their overexpression in Arabidopsis and Nicotiana which elucidated hypersensitvity in the generated transgenics. He joined GGS Indraprastha University as Research Associate and worked on molecular techniques for increasing Nitrogen Use Efficiency (NUE) of rice plants. He was able to develop some morphometric methods for studying rice seeds at germination level under laboratory condition. The identified rice cultivars (showing contrasting differences in germination), were studied in pot experiments for validating yield response and corresponding NUE. He has published 06 publications in high impact international journals and attended 03 national/international conferences during the regime of his research career. He has enhanced his reputation and scientific values by his association with Journal of New science Biotechnology as Editor and Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants as Assistant Editor.
Around 9.5 years of experience in R & D activities related to plant studies at molecular level.
- PhD (Biotechnology) from Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarkhand (2012)
- MSc (Biotechnology) from CCS University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh (2005)
- BSc (Zoology Hons) from Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag, Jharkhand (2002)
- Plant signal transduction
- gene expression
- metabolic engineering
- abiotic stresses and gene annotation techniques
Awarded JRF and SRF from DRDO at Defence Institute of Bio-energy Research (DIBER) Haldwani, Nainital Uttarakhand during PhD. Received Research Associateship (RA) from ICAR (under NICRA scheme) and CSIR at School of Biotechnology, GGS Indraprastha University, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- V B Sinha, A Grover, S Singh, V Pande and Z Ahmed (2014) Overexpression of Ran gene from Lepidium latifolium L. (LlaRan) renders transgenic tobacco plants hypersensitive to cold stress hypersensitive to cold stress. Molecular Biology Reports 41 (9), 5989-5996. Imapct factor: 2.51
- V B Sinha, A Grover, M Aslam, V Pande and Z Ahmed (2014) Isolation and characterization of Ras related GTP binding protein from Lepidium latifolium L. reveals its potential role in regulating abiotic stress tolerance. Acta Physiologia Plantarum 36 (9), 2353-2360 Impact factor: 1.51, Citations: 02
- V B Sinha, A Grover, Z Ahmed and V Pande (2014) Isolation and functional characterization of DNA damage repair protein (DRT) from Lepidium latifolium L. Comptes Rendus Biologies 337 (5): 302-310. Impact factor: 1.81, Citations: 02
- M Aslam, A Grover, V B Sinha, B Fakher, V Pande, P V Yadav, S M Gupta, S Anandhan and Z Ahmed (2012) Isolation and Characterization of cold responsive NAC gene from Lepidium latifolium. Molecular Biology Reports 39:9629-9636. Impact factor – 2.51, Citations-13
- M Aslam, V B Sinha, R K Singh, S Anandhan, V Pande and Z Ahmed (2010) Isolation of cold responsive genes from Lepidium latifolium by suppressive subtraction hybridization. Acta Physiologia Plantarum 32:205-210Imapct factor - 1.51, Citations-17
- N Sharma, V B Sinha, Mohit Jain, Nishtha Lukhmann, Aakaash Harit, S Singh, V Sitaramam, N Raghuram (2013) N-induced germination delay in 21 rice cultivars: A potential phenotyping tool for nitrogen use efficiency in Indraprastha International conference on biotechnology held on 22-25 Oct’ 2013 at GGSIP University, New Delhi.
- V B Sinha, S Anandhan, V Pande and Z Ahmed (2009) Cloning of Ras related GTP binding proteins from Lepidium latifolium in 5th international congress on Cell and molecular Biology held at Devi Ahilya Bai University Indore held on 2-6 Nov 2009.
- M Aslam , V B Sinha, R K Singh, S Anandhan and Z Ahmed (2008) Identification of cold responsive genes from Lepidium latifolium. UCOST held at IIT Roorkee from 10-12 Nov 2008.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15