- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Research & Publications
Dr. Suman is currently working as an Assistant Professor in environmental studies. During her Ph.D. research she worked on air quality assessment with application of different air pollution models to predict the concentration of air pollutants for future mining and industries in Orissa and therefore developed a synergistic health database for assessing the social impact.
- 8 Years
- Ph. D (Environmental Science): Indian School Of Mines, Dhanbad.
- M. Sc. (Environmental Science): Banaras Hindu University.
- Air Quality Monitoring and Air Pollution Modelling,
- Environmental Impact Assessment and its Management,
- Environmental Law and Audit
- Hands on experience on Environmental Software as AERMOD, ISCST3, CALINE-4, SCREEN3 and WRPLOT and Math’s Processor experience on SPSS, SURFER, ORIGIN.
- Was associated with Socio-economic survey of Jharia under JRDA project
- Training in IITM, Varanasi on the “Study of Effluent Treatment Plant at Bhagwanpur and DLW, Varanasi”
- Training in HINDALCO Industry” and Singrauli Open Cast Mines, India.
- Prepared a project on Compliance of Vehicular Pollution Control Laws at Varanasi City” at Department of Law, Banaras Hindu University.
- Involved in “School, Health and Environment at Sunderpur Urban Slum Area” at Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
- Prepared a project on “Evaluation of Social Issues Related with the Problem of Ganga Water Pollution” (Ganga Action Plan).
Publications: International Journal
- Suman, Gurdeep Singh, A.K Pal. Source Apportionment of Respirable Particulate Matter Using Principal Component Analysis – A Case Study from India. International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences ISSN 0973-6077 Volume 5, Number 6 (2010), pp. 909–920
- Suman, Gurdeep Singh and A.K. Pal, Fluoride Contamination in Ambient Air around NALCO Aluminium Smelter in Angul, Orissa (India). Indian Jr. of Air Pollution Control, Vol. X No.2, Sept.2010, pp.9-17.
- Suman, Gurdeep Singh, A.K Pal. Air Pollution Spatial Distribution Profile –A Case Study in Mining and Industrial Complex of Angul- Talcher Area, Orissa, India. Mine Tech ,Volume 31 No4,P41-49
- Suman, Gurdeep Singh, A.K. Pal. Study of Fluoride Pollution in air around NALCO Aluminium Smelter In Angul, Orissa, India at International Symposium on Environmental Pollution, Ecology and Human Health (25th-27th July 2009) organized by Department of Zoology, S.V. University, India in collaboration with USEPA,RTP, NC, USA., Savannah University, Savannah, GA,USA., Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, DRDE, Gwalior, India.
- Suman, Gurdeep Singh, A.K. Pal. Fluoride and Human Health: Abstract of a case study in Angul, Orissa at International Conference on Environment, Occupation and Lifestyle Concerns: Transdisciplinary Approach (16th to 19th September 2009) organized by Regional Occupational Health Centre (Southern) in Bangalore.
- Suman, Papiya Roy, A.K. Pal, Gurdeep Singh. Assessment of Air Quality Status in Angul –Talcher Coal Mining Area in Orissa at International Conference on Managing the Social and Environmental Consequences of Coal Mining in India (November 2007) organized by ISM in association with UNSW and ANU in New Delhi.
- Papiya Roy, Suman, Gurdeep Singh. Community Participation through Information, Education, Communication and Capacity Building of ULB for Solid Waste Management Orissa at International Conference on Managing the Social and Environmental Consequences of Coal Mining in India (November 2007) organized by ISM in association with UNSW and ANU in New Delhi.
- Indian Environment Network
Member of Organizing Committee of Several Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture