Dr. Rita Singh Majumdhar
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr Rita Singh Majumdar is a Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology Sharda University. She started her career as a Reader/ Associate Professor in Indraprasth Engineering College, Ghaziabad and later on shifted to Sharda University as a Professor and Head of the Department of Biotechnology. She has a vast teaching and research experience of 23 years and is guiding at present 6 research scholars. Professor Rita had travelled widely in India and abroad and attended & Honored as Chairperson in several International Conferences. She visited several Universities and Educational Institutions at France, Netherland, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and London. She is the member of many reputed societies and also a Member of Board of Studies of AICTE (Maha Maya Technical University). She has 7 research scholars working under her supervision.
- 16 years teaching experience
- 23 years research experience.
- Post Doc research from IIT , Delhi
- Ph.D (Calcutta Univ)
- M.Sc (Cal univ)
- B.Sc (Hons) Presidency College, Cal Univ
Natural Products Extraction Rural Energy-Environment Systems Molecular Biology Microbiology Bioremediation Wasteland Recovery through Biological Methods (Silvipastoral Technology, Mycorrhizal Technology & Biological Nitrogen Fixation) Biomass Production Pharmacognostic study of crude drugs
- Achieved fellowship JRF & SRF from ICAR for Research work Achieved Post Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Delhi Attended & Honored as Chairperson in several International Conferences/Congress Rated as 3rd best Teacher of the Sharda University (2009).
- Rated as second best teacher of Sharda University in the year 2013-14 and 2014-15
34 Research Publications and 19 Conference paper along with 2 book chapters,
- A chapter of a book on Emerging Issues and Challenges in Naotechnology and Agricultural and Biological Engineering –Publisher Apple Academic Press (AAP) CRC press Taylor & Francis group, 2015
- Editor of the book “Global Progress in Development of Sustainable Environment “ and wrote a chapter on “ Escalating HazardousImpacts of Municipal Solid Waste on Health an Environment Globally”
- 7 research scholars working under my supervision.
- Member of Board of Studies of AICTE (Maha Maya Technical University)
- Member of International Congress of Environmental Science
- Senior Member of APCBEES (Asia-Pacific Chemical Biological and Environmental Engineering Society)
- Member of Indian Jr of Agricultural Biochemistry Member of Indian Science Congress
- Got a certificate in ASSOCIATESHIP IN INFORMATION SCIENCE (AISC DEGREE)(Two Years Degree Course) conducted by Indian National Scientific & Documentation Centre (INSDOC) CSIR New Delhi.
- Short term course in Computer from COM VISION (INDIA) Pvt. Ltd.
- Achieved certificate in Workshop on Pedagogy of Distance Education organized by IILM Academy of Higher Learning with Expertise from STRIDE, IGNOU & SOET, IGNOU, New Delhi
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)