Dr. Rita Singh Majumdhar
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr Rita Singh Majumdar is a Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology Sharda University. She started her career as a Reader/ Associate Professor in Indraprasth Engineering College, Ghaziabad and later on shifted to Sharda University as a Professor and Head of the Department of Biotechnology. She has a vast teaching and research experience of 25 years and is guiding at present 7 research scholars. Professor Rita had travelled widely in India and abroad and attended & Honored as Chairperson in several International Conferences. She visited several Universities and Educational Institutions at France, Netherland, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and London. She is the member of many reputed societies and also a Member of Board of Studies of AICTE (Maha Maya Technical University). She is supervising several M.Sc. and M.tech Projects
- 25 years of research experience in the field of plant tissue culture technology, Separation Technology, Molecular Biotechnology, Technology developed for the sustainable development of rural people in UP, cultivation of Medicinal & Aromatic plants, wasteland development, pharmacognostic studies of crude drugs and phytochemical analysis of medicinal & aromatic plants as well as crude drugs.
- 19 years of teaching experience and presently working as Head, Department of Biotechnology.
- Worked as a Scientist in IIT (Delhi) & All India Institutes of Medical & Sciences (AIIMS) under different projects since 1999.
- Achieved different fellowship awarded by ICAR and CSIR.
- 4 years industrial experience in working as Pharmacognosist in Homeopathic drug industry.
- Working as Editor of several journals of National & international standard
- Post Doc research from IIT , Delhi
- Two Years Degree Course in ASSOCIATESHIP IN INFORMATION SCIENCE (AISC DEGREE) conducted by Indian National Scientific & Documentation Centre (INSDOC) CSIR New Delhi.
- Ph.D (Calcutta Univ.)
- M.Sc (Cal univ.)
- B.Sc (Hons) Presidency College, Cal Univ.
Natural Products Extraction Rural Energy-Environment Systems Molecular Biology Microbiology Bioremediation Wasteland Recovery through Biological Methods (Silvipastoral Technology, Mycorrhizal Technology & Biological Nitrogen Fixation) Biomass Production Pharmacognostic study of crude drugs
- Achieved fellowship JRF & SRF from ICAR for Research work Achieved Post-Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Delhi Attended & Honored as Chairperson in several International Conferences/Congress Rated as 3rd best Teacher of the Sharda University (2009).
- Rated as second best teacher of Sharda University in the year 2013-14 and 2014-15
- 2 Time rated "Best Teachers Awards" in 2014 and 2015 of Sharda University.
Eminent Scientist of the year 2015 Awarded by International Foundation Ecology in association with Confederation of Indian Universities, New Delhi
34 Research Publications and 19 Conference paper along with 2 book chapters,
- A chapter of a book on Emerging Issues and Challenges in Nanotechnology and Agricultural and Biological Engineering –Publisher Apple Academic Press (AAP) CRC press Taylor & Francis group, 2015
- Editor of the book “Global Progress in Development of Sustainable Environment “ and wrote a chapter on “ Escalating HazardousImpacts of Municipal Solid Waste on Health an Environment Globally”
- 7 research scholars working under my supervision.
Click here to view more details
- Member of Board of Studies of AICTE (Maha Maya Technical University)
- Member of International Congress of Environmental Science
- Senior Member of APCBEES (Asia-Pacific Chemical Biological and Environmental Engineering Society)
- Member of Indian Jr of Agricultural Biochemistry
- Member of Indian Science Congress
- Short term course in Computer from COM VISION (INDIA) Pvt. Ltd.
- Achieved certificate in Workshop on Pedagogy of Distance Education organized by IILM Academy of Higher Learning with Expertise from STRIDE, IGNOU & SOET, IGNOU, New Delhi
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15