Dr. Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu
- Area Of Interest
- Research & Publications
Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu is working with Sharda University of INDIA as Assistant Professor with interests in sensory networks, robotics, biologically inspired multimodal behaviour modelling, ambient intelligence, and sensory network design along with visual and auditory information processing. Other areas of interests include, integrated areas of agent navigation, human-computer interaction and neural networks. He has more than 5 years of research experience in Hybrid Intelligent Systems area at Centre for Hybrid Intelligent Systems, University of Sunderland, UK. He has received his Ph.D. degree from University of Sunderland, United Kingdom and Bachelor of Technology Degree from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, INDIA. He is contributing to the research communities by various volunteer activities. He has been publishing with internationally reputed publishers like Springer, Elsevier through journal, conference and book chapters. He has served as editorials/reviewers board for journals like IJACR, Hindawi Publishing Corporation and JECE along with conferences like ICECCS-2013, ICCTD-2011. He was organizing committee member for ncaf-2009 conference held in UK. He has served as conference session chair for international conference of SocProS-2013.
His teaching style culminates conceptual and application amalgamation. Motivation has always been in strongest tool to generate interest among students for an efficient teaching-learning process.
As a supervisor for supervising doctoral students, significant breakthrough has been made with intelligent systems research group in the area of image processing, by developing benchmark dataset for devnagari script.
- 5 years of Research
- 2.5 years of Teaching
- Ph.D (Neural Robotics, UK)
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems
- Sensory Data Integration
- Ambient Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence
- At sharda, his research is carried out in the area of intelligent systems, especially for navigation and communication based. Recently, the navigational bot (VITOBOT), developed under his supervision is exhibited in International AutoExpo2016. This system is also rewarded as one of the 4 innovative ideas presented by students in newsnation, INDIA.
- Recently in the area of Ambient Intelligence with Springer Publications a book titled, “Trends in Ambient Intelligence: A Role of Computational Intelligence” is published and is available across the globe for use.
- Publication list can be obtained through the following link: http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=drmPtT4AAAAJ&hl=en
- The following are PhD scholars working with me in different areas of Intelligent Systems:
- Mr. Rajiv Kumar, “Integrated Research Environment for Devnagari Optical Document Recognition”. (Awarded, 2015)
- Mr. Pradeepta Sarangi, “Odia Reading Machine for Handwritten Character Recognition”. (Awarded, 2015)
- Mr. Ashok Kumar Sahoo, “Computer Recognition of Indian Sign Language”. (Awarded, 2015)
- Ms. Nivedita
- Ms. Jaya
- Ms. Amrita Prasad
- Mr. Gouri Shankar Mishra
- Mr. Sanjeev Kumar
- Senior Member of International Neural Network Society (INNS)
- Member of IEEE, Computer Science
- Member of IACSIT
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture