Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam is an eminent educationist, researcher and trainer in the areas of management education. He is doctorate in the field of management and has done his Masters in Management in the area of Marketing. He has done a certificate course in SPSS & Cognos conducted by IBM & a Certificate program in Marketing by the marketing magnate Philip Kotler. Dr. Shyam has a blend of industry academia experience of approximately 14 yrs. He is an expert in Marketing Planning & Implementation, Business Analytics and Strategy. His other areas of interest is Brand, CRM, Quality Management & OB. He is also associated with leading organizations like PHD Chamber of Commerce, ICMAI, Niesbud and Sahaj in the areas of research, training & consulting. He has presented research papers in National & International conferences & published papers in the journals of repute. He authored a book on Bank Marketing. As a trainer he has more than 8000 hours of experience and trained executives & officers of Indian Navy, Delhi Transco Ltd., Nepal Telecom, Nepal Electricity Authority, Payap University, Thailand, Haryana Power Corp., Central Electronics Ltd., Sonic Biochem, Simran Farms, Mahindra Finance Ltd., Road Research Institute, St. Annemary Publications, Indian Railways etc. He is Mentor & Advisor to organizations like Sajdhaj, Hotel Waterlily, Sahaj, Great Northern Himalayas & Howard International. He has travelled extensively to the length & breath of India and many countries from the region of SAARC, South East Asia, Middle East & Central Europe.
14 yrs. Approx.
Ph.D., MBA , BBA
Marketing , Business Analytics & Strategy & Writing Live Management Cases
- Technical – SPSS, Excel, Mini Tab, Sales Planning, Marketing Planning & Implementation, Six Sigma, Career & Behaviour Counseling
- Behavioural – Motivator, Excellent Communicator, Team Management, Leadership, Networking
- Conceptual – Reader of various mythologies, autobiographies & Management Books
- Expertise – Training, Research & Business Consulting
- Won many prizes in paper presentation competition at GL Bajaj Institute of Management, ITS etc.
- Received certificate of appreciations with my previous employers
- Received extra increments at Sharda University on Performance
Research Paper Publications & Presentations:
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam(2010) and Salil Bhatia Global Marketing of Pharmaceutical Products and Changing Regulatory Framework In India, “Leveraging Intellectual Property for Business Growth” , ISBN: 978-81-89547-83-7, 30th October, 2010 at G L Bajaj Institute of Management & Research, Greater Noida., Paper presented and Published in the proceedings of the conference. (won first prize)
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam (2011) and Salil Bhatia, Changing Roles of Packaging to Control Counterfeits in Pharmaceutical Industry, Paper presented and Published in the proceedings of the conference & on website, ICTBM, SZABIST, Dubai Academic City, Dubai, March 28-30,2011.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam (2011) & Lalit Sharma, Post - Merger [or Acquisition] Integration Challenges for Indian Pharmaceutical Firms, "Corporate Restructuring in the Globalized Business Environment",ISBN: 978-81-89547-90-5, 15th & 16th January, 2011., ITS, Mohan Nagar, Paper presented and Published in the proceedings of the conference. (won first prize)
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam (2011) Analyzing Role of a Persuasive Medical Copy for Customer Value Creation in Indian Pharmaceutical Sector,"Creating and Sustaining Customer Value: A Path to Glory” ISBN: 023032275-1on Friday, the 15th April and Saturday, the 16th April, 2011 at Institute of Technology & Science, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad., Paper presented and Published in the proceedings of the conference.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Mr. Salil Bhatia and Mr. Sachin Srivastava (2011) Creating Value through Crafting a Persuasive Medical Copy, “Leading Change – the revolving dynamics” during 19-21 February 2011, GLA University, Mathura., Paper presented and Published in the proceedings of the conference.
- Paper presented at Institute of Public Enterpreise, Osmania University, Hyderabad, titled “Performance Measurement as a tool for performance management”
- Paper Presented on “Indian Pharmaceutical Industry – 2005 and beyond”, in National Marketing Seminar at lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management”, New Delhi.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, (2005) . “Tommorrow is the world of HRD-Is India Ready” PHD Bulletin, PHD Chamber of Commerce, New Delhi.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,(2012), Dr. Akhilesh tiwari & Shashank Mehra, Consumer Perception Towards Private Label And National Brand: In Indian Perspective, “The International Journal of Management Issues and Research (IJMIR)”. SBS, Sharda University.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,(2012) & Shashank Mehra, Leveraging Retail Service Quality on Store Choice: A Study of Big Bazar & Reliance Fresh in NCR Region, during 2nd and 3rd March’2012, Paper Presented and Published in Proceedings of Conference , “ Marketing in Emerging Markets : Challenges & Opportunities, ITS, Mohannagar. ISBN: 978-93-81505-29-8.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, (2012), Shashank Mehra & Sachin Srivastava, Measuring SERVQUAL model in Indian Food Chain Industry, paper presented in conference, Achieving Business Excellence in Turbulent Global Economy on 13th April, 2012 at MIMT, Greater Noida.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,(2012), Shashank Mehra & Dr. Moonis Shakeel, Retail SERVQUAL of Food Retail Chain: A Study of Inter Category Competition in NCR Region, Asian Journal of Management Technology and Changes, ISSN:0976-9803, st. anne mary Publication.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,(2012), Shashank Mehra, “Identifying and Measuring Farmers Buying Pattern and Perception towards Agricultural-Inputs: A study of North India”, International Journal of Trends in Marketing Management, academic Journal Online.
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, (2013), Shashank Mehra , “Customer response criteria towards Store Atmospherics: a study of organized retail outlets in National capital Region in India”, (in process) St. Anne Mary Publications(Delhi).
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,(2011) Salil Bhatia & Sandeep Agarwal, Book Review on retail management book of pearson authored by berman, evans and mathur and published in Mangalmay Journal of Management and Technology, greater noida.
- ‘Tomorrow is the world of HRD – Is India ready?’ Jan 2005, PHD Chamber of Commerce Bulletin
- Impact of Work Life Balance on Employee’s Physical and Mental Health – a Study of Middle and Senior Management in Private Sector, Jatinder Singh , Dr. S.S. Khanka & Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, International Journal of Trends in Commerce and Economics, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2014,
- Striking Work Life Balance in Corporate: A Comprehensive Study of Different Generations of Workforce with Special Reference to Millennials, Jatinder Singh ,Dr. S.S. Chowhan &Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam,International Journal of Trends in Human Resource Management, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2014,
- Blue Ocean Strategy – Critical Management Measures Contributing to Constructive Business Growth, Bhaskar Dasgupta & Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, International Journal of Trends in Marketing Management, Volume 3, Issue 10, 2014
- Blue Ocean Strategy & IT recruitment Challenges, Bhaskar Dasgupta & Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, International Journal of Trends in Human Resource Management, Volume 3, Issue 11, 2014
- Measuring Rural People Awareness and Access to various government schemes – A Baseline study in six villages of Buxar District of Bihar, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Mr Shwetank Mishra, Dr. Deepti Dutt, PhD, Psychology, Delhi University, Mr. Shashank Mehra, Dr. Anil Roy Dubey, The International Journal of Management Issues and Research (IJMIR) , volume 2, Issue 2, Page no. 81-86, 2014
- Gaining Competitive Advantage through value addition: A Case Study of Central Electronics Ltd., Ghaziabad, India, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Bhaskar Dasgupta, Vinod Kr. Mishra, International Conference of Strategic Innovation Marketing at Prague, Czech Republic, 13-17th September’2013
- Customer response criteria towards Store Atmospherics: a study of organized retail outlets in National capital Region in India, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Shashank Mehra, The Future of Marketing: Opportunities & Challenges” ITS Mohananagar, 29th & 30th November, 2013
- Blue Ocean Strategies - A transformation source for IT Industry, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Bhaskar Dasgupta, Shashank Mehra, Global to Local: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities in Business”, at School of Business Studies, Sharda University, 14th March’2014
- Exploring changing investment patterns of investors from traditional to alternate investment options, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Shashank Mehra, National seminar on Managing Finance During Crisis, ITS Mohananagar, 7th and 8th April,2014
- Effective Vendor Management: A Key To Success, A Case from Sajdhaj, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam & Dr. Deepika Upadhyay, Paper Presentation in International Case Conclave “Elixir 2014” at GD Goenka Univeristy, Gurgaon and Published proceedings in book form with ISBN: 978-93-84869-00-7 by Excel India Publishers.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Panacea for Indian IT Industry, Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam, Dr. Deepika Upadhyay, Prof. Shashank Mehra & Bhaskar Dasgupta, 10th National Conference on “India 2020:Readiness for Cutting Edge Marketing” on 1st & 2nd of Nov’2014 at ITS Mohananagar and published in book form with ISBN : 978-81-928380-5-2.
- Book Authored on Bank Marketing, Published by Aadi Publications, ISBN: 978-93-80902-71-5
Associated with PHD Chamber of Commerce, ICMAI, SAHAJ, NIESBUD
- SPSS (IBM)
- COGNOS (IBM)
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15