Dr. Geeta Durga
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
I have total experience of about 14 years of teaching chemistry and have been associated with Sharda group since the beginning. I am heading the Chemistry Department and have always remained an active member of various committees such as cultural, time-table, proctorial board, examination etc. of the Institution from time to time. During my doctoral studies I have gained expertise in syntheses, structural and thermal characterization of organic polymers (Epoxy Resins). I have published five research papers, one in National and four international Journal of repute. I have published two book chapters on Water Remediation in a book published by world renowned publisher-Royal Society of Chemistry. Recently, my book chapter for world encyclopedia to be published by Wiley &Co. has been accepted.
Ph.D., M.Sc., NET (UGC-CSIR)
Organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, water remediation and green chemistry
- Obtained half month salary as reward for good "PARS-F"(Performance Appraisal for faculty) for the session 2013-14 and 2014-2015.
- Obtained a letter of appreciation from Sharda University for best teaching
- Consistent good students feedback (Avg.>85)
- G. Durga, D. Singh, P. Kukreja & A. K. Narula, Synthesis, characterization, curing and thermal studies of phosphorylated epoxy resins, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, 16 (2009) 133-139.
- G. Durga, P. Kukreja, and A. K. Narula, Studies on curing kinetics and thermal behavior of phosphorylated epoxy resin in the presence of aromatic amide-amines. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 118 (2010) 3612–3618.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Synthesis and Characterization of Diamide–Diimide–Diamines Based on p-Amino Benzoic Acid and Their Curing and Thermal Behavior with Epoxy Blends Containing Phosphorus/Silicon in the Main Chain, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 124 (2012) 3685–3694.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Curing and Thermal Behaviour of Diamide-Diimide-Diamines based on L-phenylalanine with Epoxy Blends Containing Phosphorus/Silicon in Main Chain, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 109 (2012) 345-353.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Curing kinetics and thermal stability of epoxy blends containing phosphorous-oxirane with aromatic amide-amine as curing agents, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2012, 30 (2012) 694-704.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Studies on Effect of Phosphorous, Nitrogen and Silicon Synergism on Thermal Properties of Epoxy Resins-Communicated in International Journal.
BOOK/BOOK CHAPTERS PUBLISHED:
- Anuradha Mishra and Geeta Durga, "Ionic Liquids: Industrial Applications" for the Sustainable Inorganic Chemistry volume, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,2015 (Accepted)
- Geeta Durga, Deepti Goyal and Anuradha Mishra, Applications of Ionic Liquids in Metal Extraction, In: Green Materials for Sustainable Water Remediation and Treatment, Royal society of Chemistry, London, 2013.
- Deepti Goyal, Geeta Durga and Anuradha Mishra, Nanomaterials for Water Remediation, In: Green Materials for Sustainable Water Remediation and Treatment, Royal society of Chemistry, London, 2013.
RESEAERCH GUIDANCE (2+1):
- Two students are in process of registration for Ph.D.
- Currently guiding one M.Sc. Dissertation on "Studies on fabrication and characterization of Glass Fibre and Epoxy Composites containing nano SiO2"
- Guided one M.Sc. Dissertation on "Studies on fabrication and characterization of Glass Fibre and Epoxy Composites containing nano CaCO3"
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture