Dr. Geeta Durga
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
I have total experience of about 14 years of teaching chemistry and have been associated with Sharda group since the beginning. I am heading the Chemistry Department and have always remained an active member of various committees such as cultural, time-table, proctorial board, examination etc. of the Institution from time to time. During my doctoral studies I have gained expertise in syntheses, structural and thermal characterization of organic polymers (Epoxy Resins). I have published five research papers, one in National and four international Journal of repute. I have published two book chapters on Water Remediation in a book published by world renowned publisher-Royal Society of Chemistry. Recently, my book chapter for world encyclopedia to be published by Wiley &Co. has been accepted.
Ph.D., M.Sc., NET (UGC-CSIR)
Organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, water remediation and green chemistry
- Obtained half month salary as reward for good "PARS-F"(Performance Appraisal for faculty) for the session 2013-14 and 2014-2015.
- Obtained a letter of appreciation from Sharda University for best teaching
- Consistent good students feedback (Avg.>85)
- G. Durga, D. Singh, P. Kukreja & A. K. Narula, Synthesis, characterization, curing and thermal studies of phosphorylated epoxy resins, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, 16 (2009) 133-139.
- G. Durga, P. Kukreja, and A. K. Narula, Studies on curing kinetics and thermal behavior of phosphorylated epoxy resin in the presence of aromatic amide-amines. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 118 (2010) 3612–3618.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Synthesis and Characterization of Diamide–Diimide–Diamines Based on p-Amino Benzoic Acid and Their Curing and Thermal Behavior with Epoxy Blends Containing Phosphorus/Silicon in the Main Chain, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 124 (2012) 3685–3694.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Curing and Thermal Behaviour of Diamide-Diimide-Diamines based on L-phenylalanine with Epoxy Blends Containing Phosphorus/Silicon in Main Chain, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 109 (2012) 345-353.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Curing kinetics and thermal stability of epoxy blends containing phosphorous-oxirane with aromatic amide-amine as curing agents, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2012, 30 (2012) 694-704.
- G. Durga and A. K. Narula, Studies on Effect of Phosphorous, Nitrogen and Silicon Synergism on Thermal Properties of Epoxy Resins-Communicated in International Journal.
BOOK/BOOK CHAPTERS PUBLISHED:
- Anuradha Mishra and Geeta Durga, "Ionic Liquids: Industrial Applications" for the Sustainable Inorganic Chemistry volume, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,2015 (Accepted)
- Geeta Durga, Deepti Goyal and Anuradha Mishra, Applications of Ionic Liquids in Metal Extraction, In: Green Materials for Sustainable Water Remediation and Treatment, Royal society of Chemistry, London, 2013.
- Deepti Goyal, Geeta Durga and Anuradha Mishra, Nanomaterials for Water Remediation, In: Green Materials for Sustainable Water Remediation and Treatment, Royal society of Chemistry, London, 2013.
RESEAERCH GUIDANCE (2+1):
- Two students are in process of registration for Ph.D.
- Currently guiding one M.Sc. Dissertation on "Studies on fabrication and characterization of Glass Fibre and Epoxy Composites containing nano SiO2"
- Guided one M.Sc. Dissertation on "Studies on fabrication and characterization of Glass Fibre and Epoxy Composites containing nano CaCO3"
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)
School of Business Studies has taught me the art of Involvement and adaptability and its applications to tackle the uncertain situations. The learning in the class room and interaction with industry eSai Arjun MBA