Dr. Garima Chouhan
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
PhD Biotechnology with specialization in parasite immunology, drug development and drug repurposing against infectious diseases.
Research experience in field of development of nano- and liposomal-vaccines as well as drugs in experimental visceral leishmaniasis
- PhD Biotechnology
- School of Studies in Biotechnology
- BSc Zoology (H)
- Molecular target based designing of drug and vaccines against infectious diseases.
- Development of efficient drug delivery systems for targeted delivery of drugs.
- Understanding mechanisms of immune system associated diseases/pathogens.
- Best Poster Award. UGC-SAP (DRS-1) National Seminar on Plant Biotechnology: Challenges and Opportunities in 21st Century. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, March 3-4, 2014. Cinnamomum cassia alters the immunological patterns of Leishmania donovani infected hamsters to exert antileishmanial activity.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award. CYTO 2012, XXVII Congress of the International Society for Advancement of Cytometry, Leipzig, Germany, June 23-27, 2012. Antileishmanial potential of P. nigrum against L. donovani.
- Student Travel Award. CYTO 2012, XXVII Congress of the International Society for Advancement of Cytometry, Leipzig, Germany, June 23-27, 2012.
- Student Travel Award. CYTO 2011, XXVI Congress of the International Society for Advancement of Cytometry, Baltimore, Maryland, USA 20-25, 2011.
- Chouhan G, Islamuddin M, Want MY, Ozbak HA, Hemeg HA, Sahal D, Afrin F: Leishmanicidal activity of Piper nigrum bioactive fractions is interceded via apoptosis in vitro and substantiated by Th1 immunostimulatory potential in vivo. Front Microbiol. 6:1368, doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2015.01368. IF= 4.0, ISSN-1664-302X.
- Chouhan G, Islamuddin M, Want MY, Abdin MZ, Ozbak HA, Hemeg HA, Sahal D, Afrin F: Apoptosis mediated leishmanicidal activity of Azadirachta indica bioactive fractions is accompanied by Th1 immunostimulatory potential and therapeutic cure in vivo. Parasit and Vectors. 2015, 8:183, IF=3.43, ISSN-1756-3305).
- Chouhan G, Islamuddin M, Ahmad F, Sahal D, Afrin F: Antileishmanial potential of Piper nigrum seed extracts against Leishmania donovani. Open J Med Microbiol. 2014, 4:228-235, ISSN-2165-3372.
- Want MY, Islamuddin M, Chouhan G, Abdin MZ, Dasgupta AK, Chattopadhyay AP, Afrin F: Therapeutic efficacy of artemisinin-loaded nanoparticles in experimental visceral leishmaniasis. Colloid Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015, 130:215-221. IF= 4.15; ISSN: 0927-7765.
- Islamuddin M, Chouhan G, Farooque A, Dwarakanath BS, Sahal D, and Afrin F: Th1-biased immunomodulation and therapeutic potential of Artemisia annua in murine visceral leishmaniasis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015, 9:e3321, IF=4.72, ISSN-1935-2727.
- Islamuddin M, Chouhan G, Tyagi M, Abdin MZ, Sahal D, Afrin F: Leishmanicidal activities of Artemisia annua leaf essential oil against visceral leishmaniasis. Front Microbiol. 2014, 5:626-641, IF= 4.0, ISSN-1664-302X.
- Want MY, Islamuddin M, Chouhan G, Dasgupta AK, Chattopadhyay AP, Afrin F. A new approach for the delivery of artemisinin: formulation, characterization, and ex-vivo antileishmanial studies. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014, 432:258–269, IF=3.36, ISSN-0021-9797.
- Review Article
- Chouhan G, Islamuddin M, Sahal D, Afrin F: Exploring the role of medicinal plant based immunomodulators for effective therapy of leishmaniasis. Front Immunol. 2014, 5:193, ISSN-1664-3224.
- Book Chapter
- Chouhan G, Ozbak HA, Hemeg HA, Afrin F: Leishmanicidal compounds of natural origin: their prospective mantle in antileishmanial therapy. Book chapter in “The battle against Microbial Pathogens: Basic Science, Technological Advances and Educational Programs”. (A. Méndez-Vilas, Ed.). Formatex Research Center. 2015, 1:174-184.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)