Dr. Deepak Kumar
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr. Deepak Gupta received his PhD from Republic of Korea. He did his M.Pharm from Sikkim Central University Sikkim; he has done B. Pharm from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow. To his credit he published more than 30 research paper in SCI journals of international reputes; he has presented and attended his research works in several national and international conference at U.K, China, Hong Kong and Korea.. His h and i-10 index is 8 he has a citation of more than 150 and has given invited lecture in conferences. Recently he has been awarded with young investigator Award 2016 for his research work.
- Teaching - 1.6 Year
- Research- 5 Years
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery; Bioorganic Chemistry; Drug Delivery; Nanomedicine; Chemical Biology.
- Design and synthesis diversified bioactive small molecules and their application in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry.
- Total synthesis of Natural products for biological activities
- Diversity oriented synthesis of novel heterocycles
- Target based approaches to access novel small molecules as drugs for type II diabetes and cancer
Pharmacological evaluation of the newly synthesized compounds like
- Anticancer activity, Antioxidant activity, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic activity, Anticonvulsant activity, Anti-diabetic activity, Anti ulcer activity and antibiotic sensitivity tests, MIC & MBC determination etc
- Drug designing/Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Structural Analysis
- and chromatographic technique
- APP Young Investigator Award 2016
- Korean government scholarship award from Brain Korea- 21 Plus (BK21 Plus).
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship award,
- Graduate Research Assistantship award from Central Laboratory for Science & Technology, CWNU, South Korea.
- Brain Korea- 21 Plus (BK21 Plus) Travel Grant for the Gordon Research Conference;The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Best poster award at Dasan International Conference
- Reviewer for Medicinal Chemistry Research, Journal of Indian Chemical Society, Saudi Journal of Chemical Society, Biorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letter, Journal of Pharmacy Research.
- Associate Editor: Applied Science Letter.
- Editorial Board Member:Ally Journal of Pharmaceutical Society.
- External Examiner in UPTU
- Deepak Kumar, M. Poornima, R. N. Kushwaha, Tae-Jin Won, Chuljin Ahn, C. Ganesh Kumar, Kiwan Jang, Dong-Soo Shin. Antimicrobial and docking studies of (−)-catechin derivatives. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry. 2015, 58(4): 581-585. Springer.
- Deepak Kumar, S. J Harshavardhan, Sridhar Chirumarry, Y. Poornachandra, Kiwan Jang, C. Ganesh Kumar, Yong-Jin Yoon, Bao-Xiang Zhao, Jun-Ying Miao, Dong-Soo Shin. Design, synthesis in vitro anticancer activity and docking studies of (−)-catechin derivatives. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society. 2015, 36(2): 564-570. Wiley‐VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Deepak Kumar, Ch. Sridhar, B.V.D Vijaykumar, S.J Harshavardhan, Kiwan Jang, Dong-Ha Lee, Dong-Soo Shin. Practical synthesis of (9S,10R)-9,10-epoxy-(3Z,6Z)-henicosadiene: The major pheromone of the saltmarsh caterpillar moth Estigmene acrea; Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society. 2015, 36(4): 1245-1249. Wiley‐VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Deepak Kumar, G. Mariappan, A. Husain, J. Monga, S. Kumar. Design, synthesis and cytotoxic evaluation of novel imidazolone fused quinazolinone derivatives. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2014. Article in Press. Elsevier.
- Deepak Kumar, C. M. Raghavan, Ch. Sridhar, Ji-Hang Shin, Sung Hun Ryu, Kiwan Jang, Dong-Soo Shin. Microwave-assisted synthesis, characterization of reduced graphene oxide and its antibacterial activity. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society. 2015, 36(8): 2034-2038. Wiley‐VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Yong-Sheng Xie, Deepak Kumar, B.V.D Vijaykumar, Tarani P Shrivastava, Bao-Xiang Zhao, Jun-Ying Miao, Kiwan Jang, Dong-Soo Shin. Microwave-assisted parallel synthesis of benzofuran-2-carboxamide derivatives bearing anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic agents. Tetrahedron Letters. 2014. 55(17): 2796-2800. Elsevier
- Asif Husain, Mohd Rashid, Ravinesh Mishra, Deepak Kumar. Bis-chalcones and flavones: synthesis and antimicrobial activity. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica-Drug Research. 2013. 70 (3): 443-449.
- G. Mariappan, N.R Bhuyan, Pradeep Kumar, Deepak Kumar, K. Murali. Synthesis and biological evaluation of Mannich bases of benzimidazole derivatives. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2011. 50 (9): 1216-1219.
- G. Mariappan, B.P Saha, Sriparna Datta, Deepak Kumar, P.K Haldar. Design, synthesis and antidiabetic evaluation of oxazolone derivatives. Journal of Chemical Sciences. 2011. 123 (3):335-334. Springer.
- G. Mariappan, B.P Saha, L. Sutharson, Ankit Singh, S. Garg, L. Pandey, Deepak Kumar. Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and toxicological evaluation of some newer 3-methyl pyrazolone derivatives. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2011. 19 (2): 115-122. Elsevier.
Invited Talks/Speech Delivered
- Deepak Kumar, “Design and synthesis of natural product catechin analogues for its biological activity” 2nd Indo-Korean Conference on “Herbals and Pharmaceuticals: Pivotal Issues and Concerns”. March 30, 2016. Gokula Krishna College of Pharmacy, Sullurpet, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Deepak Kumar, G. Marriapan, Asif Husain. “Anticancer activities of novel imidazolone and biological activities of benzimidazole derivatives” International Conference on Nurturing Global Healthcare. March 11-12, 2016. Amity Institute of Pharmacy, Amity University, Noida, India. OP-01.
- Registered Pharmacist in Pharmacy Council of India.
- Life member of Association of Pharmacy Profession.
- Member Korean Chemical Society and Pharmaceutical Society.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)