Dr. B. K. Malik
- Area Of Interest
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr. Balwant Kishan Malik is a distinguished professor and an eminent scientist. He has over 45 years of experience at national and international level in the area of biotechnology. He has 89 publications, 1 monograph and has filed 3 patents/copyrights. He has also developed a biotechnology product (software). He has served as former Deputy Director and Consultant (Fellow) of CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrated Biology, Delhi University Campus, Delhi.
45 years of experience
- Professor of Biotechnology & Head of Centre, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University, Noida (2008-2015).
- Consultant (Fellow), Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (2006-2007).
- Deputy Director (Scientist F), Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology)Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (2004-2006).
- Scientist E-II, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology), Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (1998-2004).
- Scientist E-I, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology), Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (1993-1998).
- Scientist E-I and Project Leader, Central Drug Research Institute, (C.S.I.R.), Lucknow, U.P (1992-1993).
- Scientist C (Biochemistry) and Project Leader, Division of Pharmaceutics Central Drug Research Institute, (C.S.I.R.), Lucknow, U.P. (1984-1992).
- Scientist C (Biochemistry) and Project Leader, Division of Biochemistry, Regional Research Laboratory (C.S.I.R.), Jorhat (1982-1984).
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Centre of Post Graduate Studies/ Manipur University, Imphal (1980-1982).
- Senior Research Officer (Biochemistry) , WHO Centre for Research and Training in Human Reproduction and Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi (1975-1980).
- Pool-Officer and Post-Doc, WHO Centre for Research and Training in Human Reproduction and Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi (1974-1975).
- Post-Doc, Department of Biochemistry, University of California, USA (1973-1974)
- Post-Doc, Department of Chemistry University of Delhi, Delhi (Jan 1973-Jun 1973)
- PhD, University of Delhi (1970-1973)
- MSc, Roorkee University (IIT Roorkee) (1967-1970)
- BSc, Punjab University (1963-1967)
- Organized scientific meetings, symposia, International Congress.
- Served as Chairman in Scientific sessions.
- Served on the editorial board and reviewed papers for journals.
- Invited to write articles/chapters in books.Co-edited monograph on Scientific and Cultural Perspective.
- Published by V. International Congress on Hormonal Steroids 1-58, October, 1978, New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant LOK-MITRA (FRIENDS OF THE PEOPLE) A Foundation devoted to the cause of health awareness.
- Did Consultancy in the area of Diabetes for Nicholas Paramal, Bombay.
- Did Consultancy for Pharmaceutical Industries.Some of my scientific recognitions are as follows:
- Keynote speaker Contraceptive Implants presented at International Symposium on Contraception. October 1982, Hawaii, USA.
- Keynote speaker Drug Design in Cancer & Malaria, National level Technical Symposium, Sastra University Oct 6-7 , 2007 Thanjavur.
- Keynote speaker Genome to Future Drug Discovery & Design. Genome Diversity Obesity & Health Paradigms in New Anthropolgy Connecting research & people. 22nd -24 Dec -2008, Deptt. Of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Invited Speaker Genome to Drug - Optimizing Drug Discovery process employing Bioinformatics. National Conference on expanding horizons of Human Genetics. Jan 22-24, 2002. Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Invited Speaker Genome to Drug Discovery using Bioinformatics in the Millennium Symposium on Biotechnology at the turn of the Millennium. 4th & 5th February, 2002. Vivekananda Auditorium, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA.
- Invited Speaker Genome to Drug: optimizing drug discovery Process Employing Bioinformatics. National Conference on expanding horizons of human Genetics. Jan 2002 University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Invited Speaker Genome to Drug Discovery employing Bioinformatics and medicine.
- International conference and exhibition, Infra media 2003, Pragatimaidan, 28-30 August 2003, New Delhi.
- Invited Speaker Drug Carriers in the Therapy of Human Disease. 8th Annual Drug Delivery Partnerships conference, Symposium on Merging Protein and Peptide Drugs and Delivery Systems. January 27-29, 2004, Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills (Lo sAngeles), CA, USA.
- Invited Speaker Specialized databases for human diseases and modeling of proteins. National seminar on Recent Advances in Biotechnology and Biochemistry 11th and 12th March, 2005, Institute Of Applied receptor agonists. ISMB/ECCB 2011 (19th Annual conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology and 10th European conference on Computational Biology) Vienna, Austria 17-19 July 2011.
- Invited Speaker Molecular modeling,Drug design and Biological Databases in infectious disease and cancer National Workshop in Bioinformatics, Amity University, Manesar (Haryana), 29th February, 2012.
- Invited Speaker Nanoparticles and their applications in medicine, National conference on contemporary issues in biotechnology: Progress and Future applications and Panel Discussion on “Attracting Talent”. Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Haryana, Gurgaon (Manesar), April-2014.
- He has almost 89 publication in different journals of National and International standard
- Books and Monographs
- Scientific and Cultural Perspective - Published by Fifth International Congress on Hormonal Steroids, 1-58, October, 1978, New Delhi.Patents/Copyright
- Copyright has been granted in 2003 on Electronic Pharmacogenomic Databases for Head and Neck Cancer, Tuberculosis, HIV and Diarrhoea.Patent filed on a method and kit for detection of Fanconi Anemia. CBR No. 9351 Dated 9/9/2013 (filed).
- Endocrinology Society of India
- Biological Society of India
- Immunological Society of India
- Biotechnology Society of India
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture