Dr. Ashok Kumar Sahoo
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Research & Publications
Ashok Kumar Sahoo completed his PhD in Computer Science & Engineering from Sharda University. His topic of research was "Computer Recognition of Indian Sign Language". His publications include more than fifteen papers in International Refereed Journals, presented three papers in International conferences. His research interests include Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Neural Networks and Intelligent systems.
He has more than 18 years of teaching experience in various technical Institutions. His teaching interests include Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Data Structures, Computer Networks, Programming Paradigms, Pattern Recognition and C/C++/Java Programming.
He has been working in this University since November 2003. He is currently working as an Associate Professor in Computer Science & Engineering Department. He is also actively involved in various research and administrative activities of the University.
- 18+ Years in Teaching
- M. Tech(CSE)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Structures
- Soft Computing
- Computer Networks
- Pattern Recognition
- Matlab Programming
- Gouri Sankar Mishra, Ashok Kumar Sahoo and Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu, “Word based statistical machine translation from English text to Indian Sign Language”, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. vol. 12, no. 2, 2017, pp: 481-488. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q4, SJR value = 0.157) [ISSN 1819-6608]
- Mir Aman Sheheryar, Pradeep Kumar Mishra and Ashok Kumar Sahoo, " A review on CAPTCHA generation and evaluation techniques", ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. vol. 11, no. 9, 2016, pp: 5800-5811. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q4, SJR value = 0.157) [ISSN 1819-6608]
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo and Gouri Sankar Mishra, "Computer Recognition of Isolated Numeral Signs of Indian Sign Language", International Conference on the occasion of Silver Jubilee of the Indian Society of Industrial & Applied Mathematics (ISIAM) at Sharda University, Greater Noida, 29-31, January, 2016.
- Chandra Mohan Singh, Gouri Sankar Mishra and Ashok Kumar Sahoo, "Animated Sign Synthesis of Indian Sign Language", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 5, no. 5, 2015, pp: 1560-1563.
- Gouri Sankar Mishra, Ashok Kumar Sahoo and Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu, "Text-to-Sign Language: A Machine Translation Approach", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (Accepted in 2015).
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo and Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu. "Vision Based Indian Sign Language Character Recognition." Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, vol. 63, no. 3, 2014, pp. 770-780. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q3, SJR value = 0.193) [ISSN: 1992-8645]
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo and K. K. Ravulakollu. "Indian Sign Language Recognition Using Skin Color Detection." International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. vol. 9, no. 20, 2014, pp. 7347-7360. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q4, SJR value = 0.127) [ISSN: 0973-4562]
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo, G. S. Mishra and K. K. Ravulakollu. "Sign Language Recognition: State of the Art." ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. vol. 9, no. 2, 2014, pp: 116-134. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q4, SJR value = 0.157) [ISSN 1819-6608] [5 citations]
- S F Ali, G S Mishra and A K Sahoo, “Domain Bounded English to Indian Sign Language Translation Model”, International Conference on Electical Engineering and Computer Science, 2013, Coimbatore.
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo, G. S. Mishra and P. Ahmed. "A proposed framework for Indian Sign Language Recognition." International Journal of Computer Application. vol. 5, no. 2, 2012, pp.158-169. [ISSN: 2250-1797] [3 citations]
- M. Sharma, RanjnaPal and Ashok Kumar Sahoo. "Indian Sign Language Recognition Using Neural Networks and kNN Classifiers." ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. vol. 9, no. 8, 2014, pp. 1255-1259. (Indexed in Scopus, SJR quartile = Q4, SJR value = 0.157) [ISSN 1819-6608]
- Golok Panda, Gouri Shankar Mishra and Ashok Kumar Sahoo, “Prevention of Black hole Attack in AODV protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Network by Key Authentication”, International Journal of Computer Science, Information Technology, & Security (IJCSITS), vol. 2, no. 3, 2012.
- Preety Poswal, A. K. Sahoo, Vinit K. Gunjan, “An Efficient Algorithm for Optimization Parameters of QoS in Multimedia Applications over an Ad-hoc Network”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (IJARCSEE), vol. 1, no. 3, 2012, pp: 64.
- Pradeepta K Sarangi, Ashok K Sahoo and P Ahmed, “Recognition of Isolated Handwritten Oriya Numerals using Hopfield Neural Network”, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 40, no. 8, 2012, pp: 36-42.
- Ashok Kumar Sahoo and Somesh Kumar, “Analysis of Pattern Storage & Recalling of English Vowels using Hopfield Techniques”, National Conference on Advances in Information Technology, Institute of Engineering & Technology, Agra; February 16, 2008.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture