- Area Of Interest
- Research & Publications
Graduated as an Architect from Goa College of Architecture (2001) with a first class and with Masters of Planning with specialisation in Housing from School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi(2004)with a first class honours. Completed PhD from Gautam Buddha University , Greater Noida(2015). She has over 12 years experience in various capacities with a combination of practice, research and teaching. Her experience extends to working on National Government programmes with Ministry of Housing and Poverty Alleviation, multi-national Aid organisations , Corporates, Development Authorities and the private sector. She has worked on ‘Action research’ , conduted workshops and imparted state level trainings. She also has International and national papers to her credit.
- 12 years
- B.Arch, M.Planning(Housing), PhD (Architecture)
- Housing and Urban Development
- Parashar, D. (2015). Unlearning Slums: a relook at the approach to addressing slums. Technical papers of the 63rd National Town and Country Planning Congress at Chennai, Tamil Nadu on 9th -11th of January, 2015.
- Parashar, D. (2014). “The Governments Role in private Partnerships for Urban Poor Housing in India”. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis,Vol 7 Iss:4,pp.524-538.Emerald Journals (ISSN:1753-8270).
- Parashar, D. & Sehgal V.(2014, Nov). Evaluating the preparedness for Public Private Partnerships in housing delivery for the urban poor. In B.Surinder & S. Atul. Proceedings of the Neo-International Conference on Habitable Environments. Paper presented at NICHE Conference: Urbanism as a way of life, pg. 119-127. Chandigarh-Punjab: Indian Institute of Architects.
- Parashar, D (2013). Delivery of Housing to Urban Poor through Partnerships Review of Enabling Policies and Emerging Government Role. Vol:10, No. 2 Apr-June 2013. Pg 66-78. Institute of Town Planners, India Journal (ISSN: 0537-9679).
- Council of Architecture
- India Institute of Town Planners, India
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)