Department of Physics is an integral part of School of Basic Sciences and Research. The department offers a 3-year B.Sc. programme in Physics and a 2-year M.Sc. programme in Physics. The department is also providing new dual degree programme, namely Integrated M. Sc. in Physics. The department also offers an active and sought after Ph.D. programme, in which over about 5 research students are currently enrolled.
The department has about nine active faculty members and a large number of research associates who undertake cutting edge research on various active fields in physics eg:Nano Sciences, Solar cell technology and actuators. It also has laboratory facilities facilitated with many equipment to support the research work in the fields.
- Our faculty members have published more than 118 research papers in the refereed journals in the last 5 years.
- Physics department has conducted 15 international/ national conferences and workshops in the last five years.
- Recently we have filed 2 patents and have published 2 book chapters.
- Our department has 5 projects from various agencies.
- Most of our faculty members are awarded as best teachers.
Seminars & Workshops
- National Conference on Technologically Important Materials (21/05/2010)
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Exotic Materials (26 -28/08/2010)
- National Conference on “Progress on Photovoltaics” (NCPPV-2010) (06/03/2010)
- National Symposium on Advanced Materials (06/07/2011)
- National Conference on Futuristic Materials (15-17/09/2011)
- National Conference on Semiconducting Materials and New Devices (14-15/09/2012)
- Indo-Japan conference in Frontier Nano-Materials for Energy (FNE) (9-11/01/ 2012)
- National Seminar on Functional and Smart Materials (11/01/2013)
- National Conference on Multifunctional Materials, Energy and Environment (21-23/08/2013)
- International Conference on Science & Engineering of Materials (06-08/01/2014)
- National Conference on Advanced Materials (08-09/08/2014)
- One Day Seminar on Smart-Materials (10-02 -2015)
- National Conference on Functional Materials Synthesis, Application (28-08-2015)
- Workshop on “Computer interfaced Physics experiments” (17-10- 2015)
- Workshop on Patent, Intellectual Property Rights and Ethics (21-03-2015)
Physics Department has three fully equipped labs:
- One Lab for undergraduates
- One Lab for postgraduates
- Materials Research Lab for Ph.D Scholors
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture