Department of Physics is an integral part of School of Basic Sciences and Research. The department offers a 3-year B.Sc. programme in Physics and a 2-year M.Sc. programme in Physics. The department is also providing new dual degree programme, namely Integrated M. Sc. in Physics. The department also offers an active and sought after Ph.D. programme, in which over about 5 research students are currently enrolled.
The department has about nine active faculty members and a large number of research associates who undertake cutting edge research on various active fields in physics eg:Nano Sciences, Solar cell technology and actuators. It also has laboratory facilities facilitated with many equipment to support the research work in the fields.
- Our faculty members have published more than 118 research papers in the refereed journals in the last 5 years.
- Physics department has conducted 15 international/ national conferences and workshops in the last five years.
- Recently we have filed 2 patents and have published 2 book chapters.
- Our department has 5 projects from various agencies.
- Most of our faculty members are awarded as best teachers.
Seminars & Workshops
- National Conference on Technologically Important Materials (21/05/2010)
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Exotic Materials (26 -28/08/2010)
- National Conference on “Progress on Photovoltaics” (NCPPV-2010) (06/03/2010)
- National Symposium on Advanced Materials (06/07/2011)
- National Conference on Futuristic Materials (15-17/09/2011)
- National Conference on Semiconducting Materials and New Devices (14-15/09/2012)
- Indo-Japan conference in Frontier Nano-Materials for Energy (FNE) (9-11/01/ 2012)
- National Seminar on Functional and Smart Materials (11/01/2013)
- National Conference on Multifunctional Materials, Energy and Environment (21-23/08/2013)
- International Conference on Science & Engineering of Materials (06-08/01/2014)
- National Conference on Advanced Materials (08-09/08/2014)
- One Day Seminar on Smart-Materials (10-02 -2015)
- National Conference on Functional Materials Synthesis, Application (28-08-2015)
- Workshop on “Computer interfaced Physics experiments” (17-10- 2015)
- Workshop on Patent, Intellectual Property Rights and Ethics (21-03-2015)
Physics Department has three fully equipped labs:
- One Lab for undergraduates
- One Lab for postgraduates
- Materials Research Lab for Ph.D Scholors
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)