Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
Pedodontics is an age defined specialty that provides primary and comprehensive, Preventive and Therapeutic oral health care for infants and Children through adolescence, including those with special health care needs.
The implicit in the philosophy of children’s dentistry is a commitment to consider the child’s feelings, to gain the child’s confidence and co-operation to perform the treatment in kind and sympathetic manner, to be concerned with not only providing the treatment currently required but also promoting child’s future dental health by stimulating the attitude and behavior regarding dental care.
The department balances teaching, patient care and professional service activities. Our teaching mission is broad in scope. The departmental faculty is sincerely and enthusiastically involved in didactic, preclinical, clinical, continuing education and teaching activities.
The department has a play area with colorful pictures and toys providing a patient friendly environment.
List of all departmental highlights such as awards, recognition, etc
- Dr. Sukhdeep Singh Professor & Head, Attended and presented a case report at 35th ISPPD conference at Jaipur in November 2013 which was adjudged best paper
- Dr. Sukhdeep Singh Professor & Head, Attended and Conducted a Pre Conference workshop at 36th ISPPD conference held at Lucknow in November 2014.
Seminars & Workshops
List of seminars & workshops organized by department
- Children's day celebrations by Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Department.
- Organized a Guest Lecture on “Newer concepts in Pediatric Dentistry” By Dr. Akshata Prabhu Puranik, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, D Y Patil University, Navi Mumbai on 17th Dec.14.
- Organized one day workshop on “13 Secrets of a Successful Dentist” for all the Graduates, Post Graduates and Private consultants by Dr. Sukhdeep Singh, Professor & Head, Dept. of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry SDS Sharda University on 13th Jan 2015. Graduates, Post Graduates and Private consultants of NCR are participated in the programme.
- The labs, workshops, and other infrastructure-related facilities offered by department
- Clinical lab, RVG
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)